most important weapon skill, 1hb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• most important weapon skill, 1hb?

What is the most important necro weapon skill. 1hb, 1hs, percing? Thanks!
    Do you get a skill up in bakery for preparing your pet to get eaten by a mob?

Our epics are 1hb, so that would be what I suggest, although I can't say I'm meleeing too often these days at 75.
    Siluuael - 115 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
    Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
    Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
    Originally posted by encephalitis
    The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

I would not classify any of the weapon skills as important. If you have time to work them up great, if not, it makes no difference. you would be better off making sure your maxing out all you spell casting skills.

Comment

The only time meleeing is of any use what so ever is in duels. In duels you want 1hb and 2hb if you get a weapon with a nasty proc.

Comment

With how some newer mobs like to instant summon over and over well under cast time of spells.. swinging Epic for 160+ is still extra DPS; pitiful yes but free is free.
          I am just a figment of your imagnation.
          You have a great imagination

Comment

You don't need weapon skills at all Procs can go off when swinging whether or not you hit or not is irrelavant. But swing at the back to avoid ripostes.

I agree with Osimillarion that free DPS is free and free is good, however if a mob is summoning you, chances are you are considered in its frontal arc (though probably inside the mob and getting the "you can hit target from here or somesuch" message) and are thus subject to ripostes which are not a good thing. Also even with max skill/max worn attack/max spell attack/max strength (to raise base attack) your feeble necro melee skills are unlikely to result in any hits at all, much less 160 damage ones on mobs that are summoning you a lot (exceptions could be that special breed of low level summoners - anti kite rock mobs in the Grey that pop from traps, or The Great Saprophyte in Echo.. probably can melee those well enough just due to level difference alone). If the mob summons too fast to back away and get a spell off, if you can't tap tank it, it is time to do your best to FD, or Gate or something and hope you can channel through the melee.

Comment

yea, i think i would rather not risk the chance of riposte unless i had the slow proccing weapon from DN or some other decent slow proccer.

Willsapper
              http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=3949

Comment

Originally posted by joer80 View Post
                What is the most important necro weapon skill. 1hb, 1hs, percing? Thanks!
                The correct answer is none, they are all equally unimportant. ><
                Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

The most common weapon throughout for a necro will be 1hb. Lower levels for quite some time I did have a piercer though.

There are weapons throughout norrath that I have picked up because of procs on them. As a solo'er they come in handy to use and of course need to be melee'd. Some even are good in the right group combination, such as Willsapper(piercing).

In a raid setting they are usefull as well, though not quite so often, but they are there. While standing underneath the belly of a dragon, such as Yar' Lir, you can be on autoattack and swing inbetween casts. Tshara, my guild only takes out the aspect to allow melee hits to land, so we all melee, everyone.

And while on the subjuct of weapon skills, throwing may not be a huge dps increase, but it certainly can add some. Doing the Cleric final 2.0 fight. Kiting in general. Autofire, run backwards, cast dot, run backwards, cast dot(you are throwing inbetween casts and while running). In a group between casts. Yes it can add up.

Just because you do not use the skills to the full potential that you could, does not make them useless. Experiment, look around for items that could help in situations. Hand to Hand, I could agree with as being useless though for a caster, but I could certainly be wrong.

Comment

The 2 most damaging weps.

1. Kelp Hilted Mace 1HB
                    2. Staff of Undead Legions (undead only proc) 2HB

The dmg comes solely from higher modified base proc rates...not Mellie, use them unhasted with a lifetap aug as a fun factor toy.

If melleing straight on get something with a very low dly such as a Staff of the Silent Star, and buff yourself fully hasted with as much DS as possible for riposte dmg. Fun factor stuff, don't recommend any of this as a dps strat...lol

Willsapper is prolly the most useful proc we can (35% slow). The focker is rare though...expect a long ass camp unless you can have a tracker 24/7 in DN.

Other fun weps

Greatstaff of Power - 50mana tap proc...procs alot
                    Chetari Wardstaff - Knockback
                    Marked Glowing Staff - 8sec stun to 65
                    Feellia Vuktepis

Comment

I always max out my melee skills, no matter the class. I hate feeling like a tool when I'm on a target that mana-drains and all I can do is sit there with my thumb up my spellbook. At least after that I can wade in and start swingin. And I'd say max out every weapon skill. New expansions mean new weapons, and there may be one that comes along that is sweet as hell but not a 1HB and while we may not be much of a brawler, there's no excuse for not being maxed skilled as far as I'm concerned. It costs you nothing to work those skills but time. Find another caster with a pet who wants to get those skills up, and duel each other, goin to town on the other's pet. Safest way in the world for melee skillups.

And by all means, do get a haste. Weapon procs are not based on how many times you swing. Max DEX will average out to be 2 procs a minute (without any AA or spell effects designed to increase proc rates). But that also depends on the weapon. Some weps have a proc mod that will either give you an increased chance or a less chance for a proc. But the average of 2 procs a min has been well established. That's with a slow or fast weapon, period. I play a ranger, and this has been hashed out ad-nauseium amongst melee classes. And also, you want a fast wep and to be hasted simply because everytime you swing that wep, you will get a chance for a skillup.
                      Intropy Coldheart and Maethros Wildheart, Officer of Spiritwind Avengers of Quellious

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons......for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Aye I made a mistake use haste =p
                        Feellia Vuktepis

Comment

Spore covered rod from one of the resist mask DoD missions (wasnt 69 arc neither korlach and not bellfast - so guess might have been Duskwalker)
                          It's attuneable and from mission 1 or 2 (chest)
                          (PBAE 640 fire proc iirc)

Also if you are wacking on Vishimtar eggs - definitely 1HB ftw!

Comment

Originally posted by Feellia Flo View Post
                            The 2 most damaging weps.

1. Kelp Hilted Mace 1HB
                            2. Staff of Undead Legions (undead only proc) 2HB

The dmg comes solely from higher modified base proc rates...not Mellie, use them unhasted with a lifetap aug as a fun factor toy.
                            According to Lucy, neither of those two weapons has any adjustment to the base proc rate.

sigpic Encephalitis
                            im in ur head, swelln ur brainz

Comment

Originally posted by encephalitis View Post
                              According to Lucy, neither of those two weapons has any adjustment to the base proc rate.
                              Those bastages...

Kelp Hilted Mace
                              Live 2006-12-15 10:19 Removed procratemod: '70'

Staff of Undead Legions
                              Live 2006-12-15 10:27 Removed procratemod: '43'

edit:
                              Apparently they moved the procratemod to a new field 'Procrate1'

news at:
                              http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum...ht=procratemod
                              Last edited by Xislaben; 10-05-2007, 08:29 PM.
                              Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Working...
                              X