Soloable augs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soloable augs

Got back in may and was in bad need of new augmentations as i was geared with dodh crap at the time.

These are the loots:
    http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=89930
    http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=89920

The mob is called "Restrained Cereton" in Sverag, Stronghold of Rage.

Once your in Sverag if you ahve a map youll be placed at the northern section of zone, follow the corridor east then south until you get to the exit just before where the certon spawns. hug the wall and run around towards where the cereton spawns.

The easiest method of pulling this, is to place yourself equidistant between the named, roamers and 2 static spawns. It should be a little west and south of the cereton:

____WALL____________________
    ..........---------roamerpath----- |
    [house]............................<-Cereton
    ....................<-safe...............; |
    ............................................; |
    ............................................; |
    ...................<-static..............; |

I didnt have any pet focus although im sure it would have helped. Having the pet get tem as well helped im sure, however i cant remember if he was buffed for all of the fights. Make sure you get the 50% mitigation and hit block on him and turn taunt on (make a war pet).

as for spells, pet heal (i didnt have any pet heal aas, but was almost max tap/dd crit). Load up your most damaging spells for me i casted in this order:

searing
    venonscale
    reavers
    anathema
    ashengate
    dread

I usually pull by throwing in searing first and send in pet just before the cereton reaches me (you need the cereton to come away from the wall to avoid roamers) then fd

Note: having fd aa maxxed is imo a must. After every cast, you need to fd, which shouldnt be a problem as you can fd and get up before spell gems have come back.

get up from fd send in epic then start spam clicking those dots with an fd between each cast.

At some point somewhere around the 3rd or 4th dot your pet will start taking damage or may even be around 50% health, send in a pet heal and be sure to fd between each one resist the urge to tap unless your pet is down and you are tanking, throw on another dot that has either worn off or palid haze, as youll need the dot damage at the end

If you're lucky pet enrage will proc and itl give you a few extra seconds to nuke it

its a quick fight, prolly less than a minute and a half. the reason i start with the slow dots is because towards the end youll be needing to heal the pet between dots and youll loose a lot of damage when your dots are all wearing off and your pet needs heals.

I killed him about 5 times to drop both augs and died about 4 times

good luck
    MAVEN | NECRO | 85 | LUCLIN

What's the spawn time on him? Also, can you kill some of the trash while waiting? Both those gems look nice -- still have plenty of DoN augs to replace.
    Has fro, will travel
    Wire Gnekroe

Comment

30 minutes on spawn time, which is really nice. the roamers come in doubles and summon, i tried split to give me more room but it didnt work and is not neccesary, the static spawn seems bugged as well, after i killed it another popped in its place immediately.

no ph, he pops everytime
      MAVEN | NECRO | 85 | LUCLIN

Comment

Excellent write up. I got lucky and got both aug in the first two kills. I stood where directed and had no additional aggro. Took me a bit to get the system down (lost my first pet too quick, but I was able to FD and try again).

Comment

Wow, best reward v. risk/effort aug set...ever. Very simple, super fast, great write up; thanks for bringing this to light!
          --Retired, May 2012--
          The
          Edge-
          Walkers

Comment

so lvl 80 req for this stuff?
            Carlon

Comment

Agreed. My only problem was a named up in the tunnels that you normally take to the cereton. I had to creep and flop my way outside to the safe spot (everything here seems to be SI). I was with a druid friend, he looked up the named in the tunnel, some mob that drops LBs, not duoable. He ran and died by my FD body so I could rez him to loot after the first couple kills. Much easier with him healing my pet as I had no gear on him, no buffs, no pet focus atm, and no real defensive pet aas to speak of lol.

Comment

As you zone into Sverag, break down the destructible door directly in front of you. Now, directly across the open area in front of you is a wall. Dodge the roamers and climb (levi) up on top of that wall -- there are a couple broken sections which are low enough to climb upon. You can now traverse the entire zone without fear of agro'ing anything. Also makes an ideal perch to watch pathing to plan position and strike points.

Comment

Mob also drops scarred bolvirk skin for saga of skins quest that drop is hardest part of quest to get. Two useable augs and a rare quest drop this mob rocks thank you for posting it.

Comment

Mob also drops scarred bolvirk skin for saga of skins quest that drop is hardest part of quest to get.
                    Since they put in the work around to that quest (can't remember the name, but it is a collect 4 type quest) I can't imagine most people work on the skins. sadly, I have all my skins banked from way back when still haven't gotten around to destroying them.

I did this mob a week or two ago and was surprised at how easy it was. With the pet buffs and aa's running my pet tanked it down without a problem. Waited for afk for a while for it to pop again, got the same aug so figured I would call it a night (just log there) but the mob spawned again maybe 2 minutes after I had killed it. Dropped the second aug for me that time... though my pet did eat it without the pet hot running.
                    Last edited by GnekroeGnomicon; 08-07-2008, 05:48 PM.
                    Has fro, will travel
                    Wire Gnekroe

Comment

Does the workaround still get you the spell reward? If so I'd be interested in learning what it is (if you should happen remember, or someone else knows)...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out you meant the 'Axe Them No Questions!'/'Bring me their heads!' type quests where you collect 4 of a given item...

sigpic Encephalitis
                      im in ur head, swelln ur brainz

Comment

Originally posted by GnekroeGnomicon View Post
                        Since they put in the work around to that quest (can't remember the name, but it is a collect 5 type quest) I can't imagine most people work on the skins. sadly, I have all my skins banked from way back when still haven't gotten around to destroying them.
                        You'll need to do that quest and the next one if you have any interest in PoR progression. You still need them to request the instance in SZ's tower and you'll need it to get the fetters to kill A'Ro in DK. Otherwise, it is pointless now though.

Comment

Does the workaround still get you the spell reward? If so I'd be interested in learning what it is (if you should happen remember, or someone else knows)...

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured out you meant the 'Axe Them No Questions!'/'Bring me their heads!' type quests where you collect 4 of a given item...
                          Yeah you nailed it, my PoR memory is spotty.

You'll need to do that quest and the next one if you have any interest in PoR progression. You still need them to request the instance in SZ's tower and you'll need it to get the fetters to kill A'Ro in DK. Otherwise, it is pointless now though
                          Ah good to know. Does everyone need to do it then? Or just a select few? (just interested, not highly likely to ever do PoR progression)
                          Has fro, will travel
                          Wire Gnekroe

Comment

Originally posted by GnekroeGnomicon View Post
                            Yeah you nailed it, my PoR memory is spotty.

Ah good to know. Does everyone need to do it then? Or just a select few? (just interested, not highly likely to ever do PoR progression)
                            Just the person requesting the instance will need them. But, everyone that wants the fetters (bane item, part of A'Ro script) will need to do it. You can do it with a rather minimal number of fetters, but it take an agonizingly long time that way.

Comment

Working...
                            X