Shawl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawl?

Basically I quit EQ in Nov 2010. I just came back one week before the servers went down due to the SoE hack.

I am slowly getting re-geared and replaced my half done group 2.0 shawl. Stopped at pottery. I am debating if it is even worth finish for our class. I started it out of boredom but now my guild clears SS and most of HOT weekly but does not return to UF much.

Is the proc still just mana? Last time I played they removed the DD because people were complaining it broke root.

I think it does both. When it procs, it gives you a buff that will give you 200 mana and add 500 dmg to the next damage spell you cast within 6 seconds. If you dont cast a damaging spell, it fades & gives you another +200 mana.

Blessed Serilis Prayer Shawl Armor ID: 47824
    MAGIC LORE NO TRADE
    Lore Group: 47813
    Slot: Shoulders, Waist
    AC: 83 HP: 1180 + 4/tick MANA: 1310 + 7/tick
    STA: 30 + 7 STR: 18 + 6 WIS: 15 INT: 30 + 8 DEX: 30 AGI: 30 + 6 CHA: 30 + 7
    SV FIRE: 44 SV COLD: 44 SV MAGIC: 44 SV POISON: 44 SV DISEASE: 44
    Haste: 43%
    Damage Shield: 1
    Shielding: 2%
    Spell Shielding: 2%
    DoT Shielding: 2%
    Stun Resist: 2%
    Avoidance: 6
    Heal Amount: 11
    Spell Dmg: 14
    Clairvoyance: 26
    Focus Effect: Blessed Chromatic Force of Brell
    1: Cast on Spell Use: Brell's Blessed Chromatic Strike Chance: 8%
    Click Effect: Blessed Salve of Brell Casting Time: 3.5
    4: Increase Max Mana by 650
    8: Increase Current Mana by 27 per tick
    10: Increase Current HP by 25 per tick
    11: Cast: Prismatic Ward III
    Slot 1, type 7: empty
    Slot 2, type 3: empty
    Slot 3, type 15: empty
    Required level of 85.
    Class: All

[20554] Blessed Chromatic Force of Brell
    Target: Self
    Beneficial: Blockable
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 06:00:00 (3600 ticks), Extend: No
    1: Cast on Spell Use: Brell's Blessed Chromatic Strike Chance: 8%
    2: Limit Min Mana Cost: 200
    3: Limit Min Level: 70
    4: Limit Max Level: 253 (lose 0% per level)
    Has a chance to cast Blessed Chromatic Strike every time a spell is cast. Chromatic strike will return some mana, and increase the damage of the next damage spell cast within 6 to 12 seconds. If a damage spell is not cast in that time, additional mana will be returned

[20555] Brell's Blessed Chromatic Strike
    Duration: 6s (1 ticks), Extend: No
    Max Hits: 1 Matching Spell
    1: Increase Spell Damage Bonus by 500
    2: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    3: Limit Min Level: 70
    4: Limit Type: Detrimental
    5: Limit Effect: Current HP
    6: Limit Max Level: 253 (lose 0% per level)
    7: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    8: Increase Current Mana by 200
    9: Cast on Fade: Brell's Blessed Invigorating Redress
    Text: You are invigorated by Brell's Chromatic Strike.
    Increase the next damage spell you cast by #1 and returns #7 mana instantly. If you do not cast a damage spell within the spell duration, it will cast Brell's Blessed Invigorating Redress on you.

[20556] Brell's Blessed Invigorating Redress
    1: Increase Current Mana by 200
    Text: You are invigorated by Brell's Invigorating Redress.
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Comment

I don't have any shawl past the old Coldain shawl from Velious, but I do have two uneducated opinions to toss into the ring (one for and one against).

1) The root breaking would be a deal breaker for me. I would be too impatient to wait 6 seconds for my next cast just to gain 400 mana. I find most of the time I am not so desperate for mana that the 400 would make an appreciable difference

2) I've heard rumours of a new expansion coming this fall (is that confirmed at all?), and Sony has a habit of building progressive quests like this one onto pieces from previous expansions... SOOOOO if you are close to completing the shawl, I'd be highly tempted to complete it even if I were banking it until the next expansion. *If* they release an extension fo the shawl quest in the next expansion, you may be chomping at the bit for it.

Comment

Was more worried about the +500 damage. As most necros I am never oom unless just rezed then I pop DB or Blood Magic if DB down. Since getting back I finally started getting an Enc and Bard in my raid groups after blowing up a few parses. First few runs in SS was holding back to learn events etc before unloading DPS.

Right now I plan to attempt botting Demi for a tiny chance at my 2.5 page. Kinda sad my most wanted item is from Demi...

Comment

I *THINK* the 500 dmg is only on nukes not dots. I root rot alot and have the final group shawl and never have an issue with root breaking. So unless you are nuking when the recourse runs out for it you just get more mana back. But it procs itself alot so if you are spam dotting it may never tick down and keep overwriting itself.

Won't affect your roots.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayzeus View Post
            2) I've heard rumours of a new expansion coming this fall (is that confirmed at all?)
            Sony moved to 12 month cycles between expansions a few years ago so this shouldn't really be new news. And while some speculate "the intrusion" might have altered Sony's plans for future development, I doubt very seriously it will impact EQ's immediate future. Smedley has even confirmed they have the next 3 years already planned out for EQ.

and Sony has a habit of building progressive quests like this one onto pieces from previous expansions... SOOOOO if you are close to completing the shawl, I'd be highly tempted to complete it even if I were banking it until the next expansion. *If* they release an extension fo the shawl quest in the next expansion, you may be chomping at the bit for it.
            Um, ok I guess I missed out on all of these progressive quests that build on quests/items from previous expansions. I'm really very interested to hear which ones you're referring to because to be quite honest, that is a Sony that I do not know. Are you sure you're talking about EQ?

Comment

Um, ok I guess I missed out on all of these progressive quests that build on quests/items from previous expansions. I'm really very interested to hear which ones you're referring to because to be quite honest, that is a Sony that I do not know. Are you sure you're talking about EQ?
              Um, ok, I'm really very interested in answering your question, because, to be quite honest, one of the quests that has spanned more than one expansion is the very same quest that the OP is referring to (thus I am on topic and you are... not). Yet another progressive quest may be one of the more important questable items in a necromancer's arsenal.

Example 1) I was specifically talking about the Shawl Quests (imagine that), which have continued across from one expansion to a different expansion. I know it's weird because this thread was actually talking about the Shawl quests... oh wait...

I take it your opinion is that Sony will never ever continue the shawl quests beyond the 2 expansions they've appeared in, and in turn this lack of any continuation will make my advice for getting his shawl ready for said continuation that will never ever occur... bad advice? Otherwise... what is your contributable advice to the OP?

Example 2) Epic 1.0, 1.5/2.0, and 2.5 augment quests span multiple expansions. I'm not sure if you're familiar with these quest items, but they're relatively important to a necro. Are you sure you play a necromancer?

Example 3) Prismatic crystallos group armour from SoF is usable in place of Tier 3 from SoD (given VoidE access) to create T4 SoD armour. While not a great example... it suffices for the moment because I'm at work and uninspired to look for anything better.

Moving Forward:
              There may or may not be other examples. For all I know, these may be the only three examples that exist. Heck, I'll even admit that the third example is dubious at best. What I should point out is that the ONE SINGLE QUEST that the OP is referring to just happens to be a quest that has spanned across more than one expansion... so... really... was your comment even remotely necessary given the context of this particular thread?

Perhaps in closing I'll even concede that three examples do not a habit make on Sony's part; however, I still think my advice is relevant to the OPs question, whereas your point is largely irrelevant to the conversation at hand.

Other than that... I'm grumpy today... so stfu.
              Last edited by Hayzeus; 05-31-2011, 10:51 PM. Reason: too lazy to find all the grammar issues, but I found one.

Comment

Perhaps in closing I'll even concede that three examples do not a habit make on Sony's part

Exactly, which is the point I was making and as you just admitted, relevant to the topic at hand. Plus, as you even stated, the Crystallos armor example is a huge leap. And this game will never see any quest line ever again that even remotely resembles the length of the Epic quest lines. Not at this stage of its lifecycle with a dev team on life support.

Bottom line, I was merely asking for a further explanation of what you were talking about, and you decided to get all full of yourself and be a prick in your response. That's fine. Perhaps you should look into some anger management classes or something. I'm sure your co-workers would appreciate it since you apparently get pretty grumpy around them. Those whispers you keep hearing from their direction? Pssst, those are about you.

Anyway, have a nice day. Oh, and GFY!

Comment

2) I've heard rumours of a new expansion coming this fall (is that confirmed at all?), and Sony has a habit of building progressive quests like this one onto pieces from previous expansions... SOOOOO if you are close to completing the shawl, I'd be highly tempted to complete it even if I were banking it until the next expansion. *If* they release an extension fo the shawl quest in the next expansion, you may be chomping at the bit for it.
                  I wouldn't hold my breath. We waited 9 years for this quest to be extended.
                  • The Scars of Velious (December 2000)
                  • Underfoot (December 2009)

And every example you had there was at least a partial work around, another means to the same end. Have some coffee (yes I know you posted in the evening), I'm pretty much a prick til that kicks in as well haha.
                  Magelo way out of date due to laziness...

Comment

I wouldn't hold my breath. We waited 9 years for this quest to be extended.
                    True. It did take them nine years to extend the quest line. However, I suspect it will not be another 9 years before they extend it again. They updated it to 2.0 so that the vast amount of work performed in 1.0 was not wasted. Now that they've doubled the amount of work invested to get to 2.0, they'll keep it more current than every 9 years.

They'e got a good thing going with this particular quest line, and it makes sense that, now that they do have it updated, they will keep it updated every so often. This quest keeps the playerbase heavily invested in all of the tradeskills. Everqust has no other quest line that does this.

Only Sony knows when it will be updated, but it will be updated. They will not allow this much work in that many tradeskills to just fade into oblivion. Given that it was updated in Underfoot, I'm doubtful that it will be updated this fall. I think it's more likely they will update it in the fall of either 2012 or 2013.

@Vinjin... I'm trying to make my posts relevant to the quest line that the OP asked about. My opinion stands. I think he should finish the quest that he's halfway through. It goes without saying that you're entitled to your opinion, but of the two posts from you in this thread, neither of them actually offered the OP any opinion or advice pertaining to his continuing his Shawl Quest. Your only contribution was to nitpick my post. If you cannot understand why that might have prompted a sarcastic repsonse in turn, then I'm not really sure how to make you understand. Whatever... I'm sure that we've derailed this thread enough. Good Hunting to you and yours!

@Shadowbile. Hey man I think it's pretty obvious at this point what my opinion is. It would appear that there are others who disagree. You said you started the quest out of boredom, so maybe one day you'll complete it out of boredom. Ultimately only you can decide if it's worth the remaining investment of your time to finish off the quest line. Good luck in your travels either way.
                    Last edited by Hayzeus; 06-01-2011, 05:17 PM. Reason: typos and grammar etc...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Going to finish off my needed TS when not raiding to get this complete.

Comment

@Vinjin... I'm trying to make my posts relevant to the quest line that the OP asked about. My opinion stands. I think he should finish the quest that he's halfway through. It goes without saying that you're entitled to your opinion, but of the two posts from you in this thread, neither of them actually offered the OP any opinion or advice pertaining to his continuing his Shawl Quest. Your only contribution was to nitpick my post. If you cannot understand why that might have prompted a sarcastic repsonse in turn, then I'm not really sure how to make you understand. Whatever... I'm sure that we've derailed this thread enough. Good Hunting to you and yours!

I never said you weren't giving sound advice. I've always believed that one of the great things about this game is that there is seemingly an endless supply of things to do and work on. I love going back and working on old quests or killing old world raid mobs, mostly for nostalgia reasons. So I totally agree with your suggestion to the OP of continuing to work on his shawl because it's enjoyable and a good change of pace from the usual grind we all do most of the time.

As for the comment about Sony's "habit" of making quests that span multiple expansions, that is the part that I took exception to. One or two examples over a 12 year stretch does not a "habit" make and I think even you realize that now in hindsight. It's too bad too. This is something players have been requesting more of for years now, and if there was ever a MMO that could and should have more of these over-arching quest lines, EQ would seem like the logical choice.

Personally, I would love to see them continue the Shawl, or add a new line of tasks similar in length to the Epics but distributed across the next 2-3 expansions. Unfortunately, recent history shows that the devs seem to be designing more with templates and cookie cutters and less with imagination. Understandable given the state of the game but still unfortunate nonetheless.

Anyway, no hard feelings here.

Comment

Working...
                        X