Detrimental Duration focus effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detrimental Duration focus effect

I'm unsure how active these boards still are but thought I'd post here anyway. I recently went through the trouble of buying https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...ml?item=134922 thinking it would always apply 35% duration to spells like DoT's and debuffs. I found it is only applying up to 35% randomly so sometimes will only add one tick etc. Did they change how this works? I could have swore it would previously just apply the full 35%.
    Xikariz Appledrankbaby

Hi, I picked up a variant of this last night. I’m going to rest this in a little bit.

I think we may be the only people still alive here.

Comment

Xikariz, yes, it appears to be working. If I unequip all spell duration items, my Burning Shadow Rak. II has a duration of 1:24. If I equip an item with Memories of Velious, increases the duration of spells by 26%, the duration is now 1:24 (1:30 - 1:42) or 15 to 17 ticks. If I equip the ingenious descending moon earring with Wrath of Ages, increases the duration of detrimental spells by 35%, the duration reads 1:24 (1:30 - 1:48) 15-18 ticks. I’m going to test actual results on a combat dummy now.

Comment

With the earring, in the test, I got 18 ticks, 16 ticks, 16 ticks, 17 ticks. It appears to be working in game too.

Comment

Originally posted by xikariz View Post
          I'm unsure how active these boards still are but thought I'd post here anyway.
          Hey Xihariz!

I pop in now-and-again, but there just isn't much activity here anymore. I took a long hiatus from the game and came back to only a couple of threads having been used.

I have the Vital Moon version of the earring and it seems to be working for me.
          Semper Fi,
          ---Drazz
          Mikaal Drazzminius
          Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
          EQ Traders Super Moderator
          EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Thanks for replying but perhaps I was unclear in my original post.

What I was expecting to happen, was if the earring said it applied 35% duration, that it would always add an additional 35% duration to the spell, similar to how I'd expect an item with 35% beneficial buff extension to always add an extra 35% on top of a buff's duration.

However, as Sareth confirmed, it is adding on a random duration with a maximum of 35%, and not a fixed additional duration.

I was just curious when this went live, because it has been quite some time since I played regularly, but I could have swore that items with detrimental duration extension would always add a fixed percentage and not a random percentage - at least I thought that's how they worked years ago.
            Xikariz Appledrankbaby

Comment

Originally posted by xikariz View Post
              Thanks for replying but perhaps I was unclear in my original post.
              I was just curious when this went live, because it has been quite some time since I played regularly, but I could have swore that items with detrimental duration extension would always add a fixed percentage and not a random percentage - at least I thought that's how they worked years ago.
              It adds between 1%-35% duration extension, with a minimum of one tick. Same deal with the Tonic of Efficiency Affinity potions, which add a minimum of one tick.
              Siluuael - 115 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
              Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
              Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
              Originally posted by encephalitis
              The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

is this in the raw spell data? to me, it looks like if the spell is 4+ ticks, you get the full bonus.

detrimental duration: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...ml?spell=50589

duration :https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...ml?spell=46656

Comment

Working...
                X