Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bolerus
    replied
    i am a returning player, i left when 105 was max level, now its 120 (i have bought TOL)

I have been hunting in The Overthere, found a nice litlte spot, with none of those darn rhinos, cats or cactus that all have various effects i didnt like.

so my area is just by the zone to skyfire, killing stoneleer coctrice ( they can be snared /rooted)- avoid stonegazer and stoneglint, and wander by sarnacks and chokodi

I like to root rot, i know some people sneer at that method ( although i have no idea why - especially as you can kill red con mobs) and have gone from 105 to 110 in a couple of weeks (im only casual)

at 110 there are still some white and yellow cons,. so i imagine another level here will be ok.

Had a look at howling stones, but too many summoners for my liking, adn have never successfully made it to sathirs

________

I am in truth getting a little bored of OT, so if any body has any good suggest of a next place to root rot, prefferably where mobs are lvl 112 - 114 that would be great

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Trynitix
    replied
    Woohoo! Activity on here, I love it. AA XP isnt bad in HS, Sathirs, Gorowyn, etc at 115, especially if you are working on merc and partisans. Don't forget to run Overseer missions as much as you can. Very nice for padding regular XP and merc XP.

Leave a comment:

• Drazzminius
    replied
    Heyas Xirtket,

Yep, we are still lurking around, just not as frequently, ha ha!

Leave a comment:

• xirtket
    replied
    Hello, this thing on?!!

Leave a comment:

• Jebasiz
    replied
    Originally posted by Drazzminius View Post

JEB! Welcome back!

I'm still as casual as can be, ha ha. I got almost all of my XP in FM and around there until I hit 115, but have basically been parked in Guild Hall with a bunch of Alts for the past few months - time to shake off the dust and get back in (especially with the new Expansion pre-buy!).

See ya around!
    Thanks Drazz =). It's nice to be stomping around Norrath (and beyond?) again. It looks strangely familiar..being that expansions seem to be retextures and tuning of what we've already done. The experience and where to get it..the most current content you can manage seems to give the fastest exp. Sathir's Tomb and Gorowyn being exceptions to ToV/Cov. I'm almost 114, after logging in at 105 last week. Seems quick if you get to the right spot.

Leave a comment:

• Drazzminius
    replied
    Originally posted by Jebasiz View Post
    I got back into the game a few days ago...most of which has been spent getting familiar with spells and AAs again. I can't speak much to exp rate, but per kill Frontier Mountains seems to be good at least until 109 (I'm 108 and sarnak forts aren't bad). I've been told sathir tomb is next or Tizmaks until 115/aa cap/comfortable.

Our pet can tank/molo in FM, when your brain shuts down from kiting for too long. That's at least something. Really like that encroaching darkness AA. Snaring while running is just so unfair. Makes it easy to chain pull and pull multiple mobs at a time. Just pick an area where there's enough room so you don't have to dodge what you're already kiting and give yourself enough space so awestruck doesn't let mobs catch you, should it land (it's rare but it has landed on me).
    JEB! Welcome back!

I'm still as casual as can be, ha ha. I got almost all of my XP in FM and around there until I hit 115, but have basically been parked in Guild Hall with a bunch of Alts for the past few months - time to shake off the dust and get back in (especially with the new Expansion pre-buy!).

See ya around!

Leave a comment:

• Jebasiz
    replied
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...trat=1189#NPCs
    at 110+ is good so far. I do more pet/Merc tanking here though. It can get tight otherwise. The chodoki guards memblur on agro so pull the beastlords by punting the dogs with pest. Paralysis and they good to go. Kill the beastlord and then go get the pet afterwards. Ezpz. Named drop good augs.

Leave a comment:

• Jebasiz
    replied
    I got back into the game a few days ago...most of which has been spent getting familiar with spells and AAs again. I can't speak much to exp rate, but per kill Frontier Mountains seems to be good at least until 109 (I'm 108 and sarnak forts aren't bad). I've been told sathir tomb is next or Tizmaks until 115/aa cap/comfortable.

Our pet can tank/molo in FM, when your brain shuts down from kiting for too long. That's at least something. Really like that encroaching darkness AA. Snaring while running is just so unfair. Makes it easy to chain pull and pull multiple mobs at a time. Just pick an area where there's enough room so you don't have to dodge what you're already kiting and give yourself enough space so awestruck doesn't let mobs catch you, should it land (it's rare but it has landed on me).

Leave a comment:

• Loratex
    replied
    Just getting back in game I’ll see what I can find and pass it along.

Leave a comment:

• Aeasya
    replied
    Hi.

Any updates to this?

Leave a comment:

• Siddar
    replied
    Why do you oppose root rotting?

I'm averaging 125ish AA per lesson in FM using that method on sarnaks.

The treants are to spread out for me.

Leave a comment:

• Postmortus
    replied
    Agree FTM and Scorched woods are decent.

Leave a comment:

• Tryal Anderror
    replied
    Hihi

Leave a comment:

• Xislaben
    replied
    Welcome back Tryal!

Leave a comment:

• Tryal Anderror
    replied
    Yeah, I've found Frontier Mountains over the past few days and been exclusively killing the Treants 'a grove guardian' in the northernmost region.

3.8 Million HP, level 102 so they're good all the way to 105. A solo kill is 1.15AA each.

I'm averaging about 70-80 AA without Lesson or potions etc...

The respawn time seems pretty quick, under 10 minutes.

Little video of me showing a technique to do it, still rough and i'm severely undergeared, but this works good enough for now. I'll probably re-record after I'm doing it more smoothly and more modern gear.

https://youtu.be/jxL5GE9Fpnk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X