85 AAing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 AAing...

The AA grind at 85+ BLOWS. Has anyone found any zone thats decent still?

I dont' care which expansion the zone is from ! Just give some tips on where to find good xp / hour lol

Some where there is a dead body I should be playing with...

Hmm...I wouldn't say it blows, it seems comparable to aa at 80. That is after getting the newer rk2 spells though (notably scorching and SRP). At the moment I'm killing quite a few ogres in Tosk (db to white) but Old Bloodfields wasn't bad xp either, and it's mostly yellow at 85.

Comment

I did 81 and 82 in FM, 83 and 84 in Tosk. Once I hit 85, I have spent most of my time in Old Bloodfields with a few stops in Tosk (mostly for remaining faction work).

Korascian Warrens also has a great kite spot. Actually two of them. But both will soon change from great to decent in the near future. OBF is pretty good xp I find. The challenge is finding a good spot to kite. I know of a couple spots in there but neither is all that safe. Tend to get jumped in both.

At the end of the day, I think the best overall XP run might be in Tosk. It has nice open kite spots and plenty of mobs. Ogres still have lots of HPs but not as much as mobs in OBF so they go down a little quicker. Should improve even more with upgraded gear and eventually getting all of my new DoTs (still lack Scorching and Soul Reapers).

Comment

I heard wars and clerics soloin in Tosk doing bulls/worgs or something, not checked it out yet but the possibility of them being this easy may be ownable.

Comment

I think my best burn has been ~8aa burn in tosk. That was still raid buffed and freaking 4 mana refreshes from a jester. No jester/kiss and I think I get around 6aa.

I think I like tosk better than other places because pulls are never more than 2, plenty of kite space, and decent mob density. Spell drops also seem pretty good here. FoS mobs are packed too heavily for quick single pulls, too many LoS issues from hills. Kora warrens has much less kite room, and would require a dungeon crawl to avoid running out of mobs it seems. I just never bothered to learn pathing well enough to try a burn in there. Bloodfields mobs hit too hard, summon, path all screwed up to do anything there but snipe named and work on faction.

Comment

Originally posted by Dereeoobs View Post
            I heard wars and clerics soloin in Tosk doing bulls/worgs or something, not checked it out yet but the possibility of them being this easy may be ownable.
            Yeah, we can pet/tap tank the boars with ease, or just kite them and/or the sentinels. The boars have low hp - they are the 'melee friendly' mobs in Tosk. A couple of them are even named PHs (the garbage collector guy, etc.)
            Siluuael - 115 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
            Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
            Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
            Originally posted by encephalitis
            The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

14-15 AA Lesson burns are doable in SoD.

Comment

8 is my average right now. (10 with the 25% bonus)

Though this is down from 12-15 during SoF.

Comment

Originally posted by Combine.Mastiphal View Post
                  Care to share more info? Solo/grouped? Mobs/Zone?
                  Solithan

Comment

Originally posted by solithan View Post
                    Care to share more info? Solo/grouped? Mobs/Zone?
                    I'm guessing it deals with pulling to Dranik guards and 25% exp bonus.

Straight kiting I'm upto 9aa average (10-12 with 25% bonus).

Comment

i've personally never given a shit about grinding XP, but i'm kind of at a point now where i need to grind out some AA to continue to be an effective raid necro. i dinged 1000 AA around DoDh era, and am currently at 1200. i usually spend more time losing xp than gaining it cause i like to try stupid shit.

anyway i was wondering how some of you are banging out 9-10 AA lesson burns. i'm nearly 24k HP and 25k mana and most DoTs are rank 3. right now i can knock out about 7 AA in a lesson burn if i'm lucky. wondering where you others are farming XP or what you're doing that i'm not i guess.
                      Kulvard Devouredsoul

Comment

I'm guessing that a lot of it is the kill rate of the Mobs, which will obviously increase as your AA totals get higher and higher. I'm only level 75 with just over 700 AAs, but I can easily get 6-7 AAs during a Lesson Burn in Katta on the snakes (and they are only DB and a few whites at level 75). If I were to be hunting some higher level Mobs, I'm sure it would be even faster for me. I know that given the right AAs, it will increase greatly.
                        Semper Fi,
                        ---Drazz
                        Mikaal Drazzminius
                        Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
                        EQ Traders Super Moderator
                        EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Combine.Mastiphal View Post
                          if your not gunna post any info you might as well have just said you like to pick your nose and eat it...
                          Atmospherik - 85th Necro(Prexus) - 1410 AA
                          -Master Chef (300) +15%
                          -Expert Tailor (300) +15%
                          Kaelenn - 84th Shadowknight(Prexus) -430 AA

Comment

I've just been doing Tosk and I average about 7 or 8 aa's depending on lag w/ this laptop. I think I got up to 11 during the 25% xp bonus in one lotd run.

Bloodfields sucks imo. Kyvs walk way too fast and get in the way of pulls, the ikaavs stand out in the middle casting way too long and get kyv aggro. Mobs have a boatload of hp's... I stopped soloing there and just 5 boxed w/ a merc to gain the faction, which took quite a few days still.

Kith, old commonlands, FoS, OGH are all too low for good xp imo. They're good for grinding out factions though if you need them. I gotta go back to FoS to get the faction with Tynoc for those spells/type 3 augs.

On a side note I haven't seen anywhere in Korafax that was soloable. I looked up the spells/type 3s for Korafax for necros and they sucks horribly. I did my void F quests and that's about all I be in there for.

Comment

I'm currently 83 (so none of the top SoD dots yet), wearing ~Cryst-SoD T3 group gear and can crank out 8AAs between me and my 80 shaman box during an LotD in the NE corner of FM.

He has no dot crit AAs at all, so I know he's slowing me down, but can cast malis and 3 dots per mob pretty much forever. I'm not sure how good the AAs would be there at 85, but it's pretty easy to keep 3-4 mobs in tow ad infinitum, especially with snare AA and whisperwind.
                              Siluuael - 115 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
                              Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
                              Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
                              Originally posted by encephalitis
                              The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X