Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FoS Named

Ok Scrat, here goes.

Most of you might think this is all common sense, but I get surprised every time I go to FoS by the number of people that don't understand how the named in FoS work, and are constantly camping the wrong places.

So...

All animal named can spawn from any of the base versions of the same type, and roam. They don't just spawn where indicated on the mapfiend maps.

an ancient bonegrinder - PH is any 'a scaled wolf'
    Darkcoil the Constrictor - PH is any 'a giant tree boa'
    Festersting the Dimunitive - PH is any 'a scorpion'
    Fluttershade - PH is any 'a large blackbird'
    Jracsza the Feral - PH is any escaped sarnak
    Those are the easiest named in the zone. Fluttershade has an AE silence that can cause problems for mercs that get too close. Other than that, all are pet tankable with Fort, Blessing, pet toys/armor and a merc healer on the 82 war pet with EM1, though some of the fights will be close.

The named with fixed PHs tend to be harder. All repops are around 20 mins. They are:

Battleguard Gauntas
    - PH is the roamer by where he's marked on the mapfiend map. I forget the mob name, but it's probably a Sebilisian battlemaster. There are only 2 roamers in that area that aren't the Slact PH or messengers, so just kill them both.
    Blackblade Lorkis - PH is a Sebilisian scaleblade. Has a very wide roaming range (~1/3 of the southern portion of the zone) around the mapfiend point.
    Naskado the Demented - PH is a Sebilisian bonecaster who roams near the spot marked on the map. There's another roamer in that area that I kill too, just in case I'm wrong.
    Oracle Vro'Zok - PH is any escaped sarnak.
    Slact the Frozen Hand - PH is a Sebilisian ironfist. Slact and PH roam along an E-W path centered where he is marked on the mapfiend map.

I've not been able to kill these guys with just a merc cleric on my pet, but I don't have 3rd spire, and haven't tried using 7th. I usually need my shaman box, and even then, it's really sketchy to box them without a second merc healer.

When I'm really moving, I can keep down all the static named PHs (excluding the Oracle) and still have some time to kill a few animals on my way around the zone. Typically I'll set up a group in the north killing the animals to spawn named, and I'll do laps around the zone on my horse killing the PHs, then calling the group over if/when named spawn.
    Last edited by Siluuael; 02-11-2009, 03:00 PM.
    Siluuael - 115 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
    Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
    Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
    Originally posted by encephalitis
    The Fail is strong with this one.

I love you, man.
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Comment

Fluttershade's silence is targeted pbaoe with a smallish range (20 or 50, I forgot, Alla has it). In other words... don't stand near the tank and you won't get silenced.

On the non-animals:

All of the phs seem to roam, nothing static in zone spawns a named of any kind afaik.

Also, it seems that Blackblade and Naskado have 2 separate (at least) roamer phs. Mapfiend map only marks one for each.

Comment

Originally posted by Siluuael View Post
        Ok Scrat, here goes.

Slact the Frozen Hand - PH is a Sebilisian ironfist. Slact and PH roam along an E-W path centered where he is marked on the mapfiend map.

I've not been able to kill these guys with just a merc cleric on my pet, but I don't have 3rd spire, and haven't tried using 7th. I usually need my shaman box, and even then, it's really sketchy to box them without a second merc healer.
        I killed Slact 3 times last WE together with my shm, I have t5 healer merc and my shm t5 tank merc. I had to do lot of patchhealing with my shm. Got 1 wrist/hand from these 3 kills.
        I dont like FoS. Too many KSer and if you have to go afk 15 min you lose the camp. So I finished the tasks to trigger the progression missions. In the 1st mission (Kurn's Stronghold: Audience with the Warmaster) is a chance for a named (Bite). After 15 min he or his PH spawns on 3rd floor. He cons yellow but is much easier than Slact. I did about 12 missions yesterday and got 6 or 7 nameds with 3 armor drops (2x head/feet, 1x wrist/hands).
        Master Artisan Irrarr
        Raging Fury, Antonius Bayle

Comment

If you are after seminal gem-thingies, and you are tired of the competition for named. If you can get the The Price of Knowledge mission from jelad dar there is a golem that spawns 15 minutes after the instance is started, and 50% of the time or more it is the named Corrupted Sentinel (or Corrupted something at least), he wasn't any harder than any of the FoS named and can drop any Seminal, I got several Fractured, 2 distorted and a phased off of him. And he drops the the gem-thingies often, 9 kills and I got 8 drops. he spawns in the hallway near the big circular room that goes to the basement area (remember wait for 15 minutes /uptime is your friend). So I would go in run to the area and at the 15 min mark (or was it 14 minutes?) he or his ph would pop. he also drops an all/all ear and all/all back of the type 7 and type 7/3 variety.

Apparently this is true of all instanced names in SoD, that they can all drop every type of gem thingy for that level (Seminal for FoS theme, Medial for Rathe theme, etc.) This one is an easy one to get as a single pull and only takes 15 minutes to spawn.
          Last edited by Vivamort; 02-04-2009, 01:55 AM. Reason: Corrected per vanlor's comment below

Comment

Not like anyone still needs any eternals due to how easy they are to solo and the cat being way out of the bag on all of that, but IF you still do, this same instanced thing can be done for precipice of war.

p.s. knowledge is power is DoD right? I think solithan means "The Price of Knowledge" (progression task #3)
            Last edited by Vanlor; 02-04-2009, 12:09 AM.

Comment

right the price of knowledge. thank you!

Comment

nps, and, I really meant Vivamort. nfc why I said Solithan lol

Comment

lol *shrug*
                  Solithan

Comment

The big question for me is that despite being Ally to FoS faction I can't get the progression missions (and I've done them all). Does anyone know what subset of missions is required to be able to request these missions?
                    Morrbidd Bynayture
                    Bristlebane

Comment

You'll need to do various tasks from the other dragons for him to trust you. I don't know if anyone has figured out the minimum yet but I'm pretty sure you'll need to do the messenger tasks plus a few others. You get those by looting a scroll from a wandering messenger and giving it to a dragon. I think there are 4 total.

Comment

Originally posted by Morrbidd View Post
                        The big question for me is that despite being Ally to FoS faction I can't get the progression missions (and I've done them all). Does anyone know what subset of missions is required to be able to request these missions?
                        The minimum is variable, based on what you do - so everybody seems to have different stories. I did:

Food Supplies
                        Supplies
                        Sarnak recovery / kurn
                        Sarnak recovery / emissary
                        Sarnak recovery / hatchery
                        Raising cabilis
                        The Grand Illusion
                        The Grudge

And that opened up the group tasks. All of them done pretty much in that order...the grudge triggered Jaled'dar script.
                        --Retired, May 2012--
                        The
                        Edge-
                        Walkers

Comment

Working...
                        X