Korascian Warrens, tier 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeli View Post
    Another question while I'm thinking of it...do the shocktroopers in "Disrupt the Siege" summon? Just wondering if the mechanic of shock-named mobs being summoners carried over from SoF.
    For others who may have the same question:

They do not, also of note neither do Bikk or Krant for the "Champions No More" task.

I essentially soloed these two tasks for my fellowship while doing some schoolwork. Quite fun pulling the catapult operators and the shocktroopers honestly, and if not for my own stupidity I'd have only ate a death or two max. Note to self: Mashing whisperwind hotkey instead of 3rd Spire, and basically shadowstepping into ten 3k hitters is bad.

Like Scrat said, necros can solo basically everything besides "Murdunk's Last Stand". I'd think Prime would be the one bottleneck if you were trying to do the progression on your own, but can see a necro + T4 merc taking him down. Worst case add literally any other toon as a duo and win.
    Magelo way out of date due to laziness...

Comment

Confirm that none of the mentioned mons summon, and all are rootable AND snarable so if pulling wisely you can single out prime and pull it to the next room where sentinels are. there is a small hill on the right where it can be safely killed by root/rot.

Another option is to kill prime near thrall left of him, thralls themselves are not kos until hailed. You will probably need to kill couple of roaming champions and a spider before you can pull prime, as you will need some place to run around if root fails. his melee range is insane.

Comment

Prime summons, the mobs near him don't.
        Solithan

Comment

Prime does not summon. I soloed this task at 82, and soloed it a number of times at 85.
          Morrbidd Bynayture
          Bristlebane

Comment

When was the most recent time you fought him?
            Solithan

Comment

Last time I killed prime this Sunday and he did not summon, prior to this i killed it about half a year ago with same result

Comment

Interesting. I have logs indicating otherwise but they are older then sunday. Perhapse it was changed back in the last patch.
                Solithan

Comment

Good write up!! I wish I had seen this when I was working on the missions / faction Prime does summon, according to a guildmate who boxxed him... I never tested it myself though.

Comment

Stumbled across a nice way to get the hail on the thralls. Hit quivering veil of xarn and then run around and hail them all. The cool thing is even if they agro, say because the thrall next door agros, you can still hail and get the update. The first round I got 3 updates, and the second round I got the remaining 2.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1770519

Comment

Originally posted by Morbidor View Post
                      Stumbled across a nice way to get the hail on the thralls. Hit quivering veil of xarn and then run around and hail them all. The cool thing is even if they agro, say because the thrall next door agros, you can still hail and get the update. The first round I got 3 updates, and the second round I got the remaining 2.
                      haha pretty slick. Then i guess, run like crazy to build up distance / whisperwind and then feign them off? Or did you end up suiciding for the updates?
                      --Retired, May 2012--
                      The
                      Edge-
                      Walkers

Comment

Being that I always forget whisperwind, I just ran to a safe looking spot and spammed death peace while qvox ticked down. First round I survived, second round I got dead.

Comment

You know you don't have to wait for invulnerability to fade. When you build up distance and get to a safe spot, you can click it off. Actually I click it off while I'm still running.

Comment

Great ideas. Run>whisper wind>click off buff>FD. Grab a short afk, and do it again for the rest of the updates. I wasnt planning on factioning up to warmly in this theme, since I figured the spell here wasnt that great. But I might just have to stop by and do this quest now and then.

Comment

Not that it is all that important 2 expansions later, but the thralls task is one of 2 tasks that can give positive slave faction which is needed to be able to request some of the instances in the Tosk theme. Hidden in Plain Sight for instance, is a good one to farm for T4 instances or a decent charm since you just need to kill 15 anythings to see if named spawns. Or if you want to do the Timeshear you will need it.

Comment

Working...
                              X