X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbaker1974
    replied
    Originally posted by Painn View Post

I'm not able to log on at the moment. My computer died in December and I haven't reinstalled EQ on the new one yet. But from memory, when Restless Ice wears off it leaves behind Restless Ice Infection, which can be cured with a disease cure (fifty counters). My suggestion is (1) have a lifetap up and use a duration life tap as part of your rotation; (2) don't have your cleric merc out at all, but when you get hit, use the lose aggro FD and summon cleric; (3) embrace the decay has a chance of clearing it; (4) get Shield of the Immaculate (no recast, instant disease cure, can recast twelve or thirteen times quickly and it'll clear or get the raid version, Shield of Imaculate Light (5 second recast, 35 or so disease clearance); (5) buy stacks of Kithar's Disease Treatment (shaman made, cures 8 counters); or (6) hunt in EQ the wolves and such near the GD entrance off the Giant fort.

Good luck. Wish I could log on and see if I got this all right.
    Thanks - I think I was a bit panicky after having it on me a few times, I’ve been able to get the Cleric merc out situationally if the recourse hits, else seem to be able to tap through the short duration dot. If I can’t get cleric out for the recourse then a levant seems to clear it, then I can gate back to my camp (bound near the camp) with minimal time loss. Thanks for the tips!

Leave a comment:

• Painn
    replied
    Originally posted by cbaker1974 View Post
    Any advice for avoiding Restless Ice in ToV zones or coping with it? I've tried both the Tizmaks and Coldains in Great Divide (level 110) but they seem to cast it one out of every 3-4 mobs and it's almost always after I've suspended my merc to clear it from the previous cast. I don't want to have my merc up all the time due to the xp drain (root rotting). I've tried Embrace the Decay and shammy potions to clear it with no luck, and every now and then I'm getting the recourse which is leaving me with 3-4 deaths since it persists through death unless I can be quick enough to camp or zone, which is devouring all of my lesson burn time. I could just selectively kill bears and the swirling pile guys, but i'm sure there is a better way - this is making killing in the zone a no-go, which sucks since the XP is decent.
    I'm not able to log on at the moment. My computer died in December and I haven't reinstalled EQ on the new one yet. But from memory, when Restless Ice wears off it leaves behind Restless Ice Infection, which can be cured with a disease cure (fifty counters). My suggestion is (1) have a lifetap up and use a duration life tap as part of your rotation; (2) don't have your cleric merc out at all, but when you get hit, use the lose aggro FD and summon cleric; (3) embrace the decay has a chance of clearing it; (4) get Shield of the Immaculate (no recast, instant disease cure, can recast twelve or thirteen times quickly and it'll clear or get the raid version, Shield of Imaculate Light (5 second recast, 35 or so disease clearance); (5) buy stacks of Kithar's Disease Treatment (shaman made, cures 8 counters); or (6) hunt in EQ the wolves and such near the GD entrance off the Giant fort.

Good luck. Wish I could log on and see if I got this all right.

Leave a comment:

• cbaker1974
    replied
    Any advice for avoiding Restless Ice in ToV zones or coping with it? I've tried both the Tizmaks and Coldains in Great Divide (level 110) but they seem to cast it one out of every 3-4 mobs and it's almost always after I've suspended my merc to clear it from the previous cast. I don't want to have my merc up all the time due to the xp drain (root rotting). I've tried Embrace the Decay and shammy potions to clear it with no luck, and every now and then I'm getting the recourse which is leaving me with 3-4 deaths since it persists through death unless I can be quick enough to camp or zone, which is devouring all of my lesson burn time. I could just selectively kill bears and the swirling pile guys, but i'm sure there is a better way - this is making killing in the zone a no-go, which sucks since the XP is decent.

Leave a comment:

• Loratex
    replied
    For ToL I was getting 3.4aa per zelniak in UP
    em29
    147 on pet fortitude
    Each fight was about 4 minutes long.

not the best but doable.

Leave a comment:

• Trynitix
    replied
    Along with tizmaks and wurms in GD, EW has a wide variety of mobs that are easily pet tankable at 115. Sathirs Tomb is pretty decent AA xp as well. I believe most everything is snareable and rootable there also.

Leave a comment:

• Painn
    replied
    Great Divide. Tizmak.

Leave a comment:

• Sickasadog
    started a topic Best AA Spot at 115 Solo?

Best AA Spot at 115 Solo?

The new zones are incredibly solo unfriendly (everything is snare/root immune, etc). Anyone find any good spots in TOV?
Working...
X