No announcement yet.

Beast's Domain Soloing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

btw, thanks for the video. showed it to a necro in my guild who root rots just like you said

Comment

Originally posted by Tryal Anderror View Post
      I'm still envisioning the rooting and stuff taking longer, but also, you do seem to both lose a lot of time moving to the next mob, and your range becomes limited. .
      It does take longer, 3seconds for root and 3 seconds for Tash Click.
      Apart from that, all the factors are the same. Travel distance from mob a to mob b is the same. The fact that you cast your spells along the way is irrelevant because you still stop to cast them. So weather you stop along the way or do all your stopping up front the "stop time" is the same.

Being out of range I guess is a concern but its a really big distance.

p.s. it does make me cry inside when i see necro lfg to xp.
      Last edited by solithan; 12-14-2011, 01:13 AM.
      Solithan

Comment

Originally posted by solithan View Post
        So weather you stop along the way or do all your stopping up front the "stop time" is the same
        I guess it's this part I have trouble with. I'm moving towards the next mob during the recast timers. But if I've rooted it, I'm sitting there the whole time, then only moving after I'm done Dotting it.

But I mean, hey, if that's what people are doing and they're getting like 25+AA Per burn, it doesn't gotta be 100% optimized.

It's more those people who are ya, either grouping for like 8AA...or Sitting and rooting 1 thing at a time and killing 12 mobs in a half hour that need the help.

I'd like to see a video or something of someone really doing Rooting at a high level, 'cause I can't totally envision it, and haven't seen it in game from anyone.

Comment

Like many have posted, you strategically plant your self in a location that you can have at minimum 2 mobs rooted and cooking at the same time, optimally 3. When spire is up, I can cycle through 4-5 rapidly before it times out. I kite when kite is the best option, pet tank when thats the only option, and use Root ROT most of the time. 25-30AA no problem, and usually chatting in several chat channels, and looting whatever corpse I feel like during lesson burn.

Comment

I was out of EXP range once, it was a pretty good distance. I had run out of mobs in the area and was trying to grab one from far away and get it near enough to the mob I had rooted to get EXP... I didn't make it :P I do think a good kiter can get more EXP than root rotting, but to me, the extra work isn't worth the extra 5? ish AAs (I might think differently if I need a whole lot more AAs).

Comment

Originally posted by Xnao View Post
              that area in BD is very spread out and low density. try a zone like resplendent temple if you want to try out root rotting

you can apply dots as you move, though lots of times you can pull 3-4 without moving

xp range is rather large. i have yet to be out of range of a kill in either zone i mentioned

Haven't spent much time in Respledent Temple, are there a lot of mobs that don't summon there? Will have to check it out, haven't done the tasks there yet either

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBuckChuck View Post
                Like many have posted, you strategically plant your self in a location that you can have at minimum 2 mobs rooted and cooking at the same time, optimally 3. When spire is up, I can cycle through 4-5 rapidly before it times out. I kite when kite is the best option, pet tank when thats the only option, and use Root ROT most of the time. 25-30AA no problem, and usually chatting in several chat channels, and looting whatever corpse I feel like during lesson burn.

Well, yes, this is generally what I'm reading here. "well, You COULD kite and get 10 more AA per half hour, or you could just be lazy and kill way less"

Sounds like the motivating factor is "Meh, I don't really like doing things"

Comment

Originally posted by Noobieguy View Post
                  Haven't spent much time in Respledent Temple, are there a lot of mobs that don't summon there? Will have to check it out, haven't done the tasks there yet either
                  Yeah the vast majority of animal mobs along the perimeter are solid kite targets. Most are non-agro, while all seem to be social - and chances to pop quite a few named. Unfortunately, there are no kill quests for these to suppliment xp.

Snakes - immune to changes in runspeed. Steer clear of these, or be prepared to pet tank them.

IN the temple itself, almost all alaran models are immune to changes in runspeed, and most also summon. You should generally steer clear of these if soloing.

In the in-between below in the cave complex, are many root rot targets such as the piqas, undead, mosquitos and rats - and a few more named chances. You can accomplish some quests down here while soloing.

The named...I think a couple with the more mild AE DoTs could be moloable after todays patch. Some incredible tools are now available.
                  --Retired, May 2012--
                  The
                  Edge-
                  Walkers

Comment

Originally posted by Tryal Anderror View Post
                    I guess it's this part I have trouble with. I'm moving towards the next mob during the recast timers.
                    Good point forgot about the recast timer. So we're down to what about 1second on the global refresh if you don't wait for the icon to fill back? so with 5 dots thats 5 seconds. So add the 5 to the 6 for root and tash and you get 11 extra seconds of travel time. That is notable but maybe not depending on mob clustering.
                    Solithan

Comment

Currently getting about 38-43 mobs a lesson via root rotting.

Comment

What zone and mobs are those?

Comment

WOW, tonight I got 28 in Beasts (all yellow con bushes and dogs). Much less than what you are getting, guess I need to work on that

Comment

Not going to blow up my spot for awhile. But like I said before you want to first find the least amount of dots you can use and kill the mob every time (this changes depending on which of your tools are up) and find a spot where you basically can be non stop casting with as little travel time or distance as you can find. But typically for me it is root, tash, snare, 9 dots move on to next target. Even when I am working on that mob I am making sure I am getting as setup as I can for the next mob, either inching towards it (by tiny amounts so that I don't lose any cast time) or by setting myself up perfectly so I can WW to my next 2 targets without being OOR of when the first dies. You also want to space out your burn tools so that every 5 minutes you can use less dots per mob thus sneaking in extra mobs in the same time frame but with them dying just the same.

Its all the same stuff we have done for years even aggro kiting. Its just i find the loss of pet dps and constant running < then the fractions of seconds I pick up over the duration of a lesson by rooting. Allowing me to sneak in a few more mobs while under lesson but mileage will very based on AA, focus, and timing.

Comment

Root RoT is just faster then Kiting because the time it takes to move to a new spot then stop before starting to cast is longer then spell refresh timer. Rooting allows you to chain cast as soon as timers refresh. Normally I open with root then cast AA snare during roots refresh. I follow that with tash orb. AA knock back root is used if root is resisted are breaks. AA root wont break as long as you avoid nuking mobs with proc augs. Pet with aegis is third line of defense to give me time to snare root again if needed.

Key is to find a couple good spots with 5-10 mobs that can all be quickly pulled one after the other near each other so you can move to the next group of mobs quickly.

Tash orb is the reason root rotting now holds the clear advantage because it makes root very reliable as compared to the past.

Comment

Thanks for the tips on how you do it, will have to mess with my technique a bit and maybe find a better area to do this in. The area I am using atm is pretty open and easy to kite in / around, don't really need that much open space if root rotting like I prefer... I run out of mobs close and have to move a ways to get more, or maybe just have to change the order in which I kill em, we'll see

Comment

Working...
                                X