No announcement yet.

Beast's Domain Soloing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AHH YES the return of kiting, COME TO THE DARK SIDE! only bad necros root rot. For those that "newer" to kiting or maybe have forgotten how. it goes a little better of you rotate your burns instead of using them together. IE - spire (since you only get 3) then use robe. will they catch up so you can use them together? maybe if you do it right then and grab your next mob around 40 percent you can utilize the burns for 2 -4 mobs. I havent been to beast yet but i was playing in CoB and i kept running out of mobs with out having to wander around which was kind of cool instead of just kiting in one place. much more exciting.

Comment

Damn it, I haven't purchased VoA on my necro's account yet and I wasn't planning on it until now. All this talk of agro kiting has really got my juices flowing again. I was planning on retiring but my necro has gotten me interested again.

I have a couple questions for you guys if you don't mind. How many times do you need to reapply your 7 dots? I was killing in MC the other day to bank my 30 aa's and max out level in case I did buy VoA and I figured out that I'm using the 3 fast dots (3 times each) and 7 other dots. Sometimes I kite the sandmen/hands to mix it up or just simply root rot, but when I kite it obviously takes a little less dots to get them dead with pet(s).

Also off topic, sorry, can you buy the expansion from the Marketplace? I'll wait until the next triple cash weekend if I'm able to do it that way.

Comment

Using some of the longer lasting DoTs instead of the swifts make it so you don't have to typically reapply any DoTs. In Beasts when root / rotting I can use 4 longer DoTs and 5 of our higher DPS "normal" DoTs and they die fairly quickly- It could be done with just 8 I believe, but I don't like waiting that long.

I believe VoA can be bought in the marketplace, though not sure where. Friend did it the other day for an alt acct when they had triple station cash.

Also, for Loratex, generalizing that all necros who root rot are bad is kinda like saying all necros who put a higher HME item on their Magelo instead of their epics are retards.
        Last edited by Noobieguy; 12-20-2011, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Pull 1, spend 30s applying kill spells.
          Pull 1, spend 30s applying kill spells. 1st mob dies
          Pull 1, spend 30s applying kill spells. 2nd mob dies
          Pull 1, spend 30s applying kill spells. 3rd mob dies
          Pull 1, spend 30s applying kill spells. 4th mob dies
          Pull 1, spend 30s applying kill spells. 5th mob dies
          Pull 1, spend 30s applying kill spells. 6th mob dies

Etc. While it may take (example) 2.5 minutes to kill a single mob, you are only spending 30 seconds actively doing it...equating to a 30s kill rate adps.
          --Retired, May 2012--
          The
          Edge-
          Walkers

Comment

Today 12/20 is a double station cash day.
            --Retired, May 2012--
            The
            Edge-
            Walkers

Comment

It was triple a few days ago. Just saying
              Bloodywolff

Comment

Originally posted by Noobieguy View Post
                Using some of the longer lasting DoTs instead of the swifts make it so you don't have to typically reapply any DoTs. In Beasts when root / rotting I can use 4 longer DoTs and 5 of our higher DPS "normal" DoTs and they die fairly quickly- It could be done with just 8 I believe, but I don't like waiting that long.

I believe VoA can be bought in the marketplace, though not sure where. Friend did it the other day for an alt acct when they had triple station cash.

Also, for Loratex, generalizing that all necros who root rot are bad is kinda like saying all necros who put a higher HME item on their Magelo instead of their epics are retards.
                your comparison is invalid considering you can kill 3-4 mobs in the time it takes the recast on root aa... if you are referring to the root spell you spend more time running to recast cause it breaks then you do standing root rotting. or better yet you can kill 3-4 mobs at the same time where as root rotting its 1 at a time so yea as far as killing mobs for lesson burn root rotting would be the lesser (bad) choice. SO PLEASE come up with some other lame yet invalid comparison.

Comment

LOL Yeah, you're right, what you believe is true has to be the best. By your logic, if I can kill 3 to 4 more mobs before root AA is available, I should be able to kill close to 90 to 120 mobs in a half hour lesson since PP can be cast every 60 seconds once you have the AA maxed. Are you killing that many ? I don't think so... if you are, then you are by far a superior necro than me. But since I know you can't, you assuming you're a better necro than me or others that don't choose to kite is just as lame as padding stats when you don't ever use an item EXP killing can be done different ways and still be effective. Who says you can't have more than 1 rotting at a time? Having 2 or 3 rotting would be ideal and would give you almost the same amount of mobs dead as kiting.

Comment

LOL Yeah, you're right, what you believe is true has to be the best. By your logic, if I can kill 3 to 4 more mobs before root AA is available, I should be able to kill close to 90 to 120 mobs in a half hour lesson since PP can be cast every 60 seconds once you have the AA maxed. Are you killing that many ? I don't think so... if you are, then you are by far a superior necro than me. But since I know you can't, you assuming you're a better necro than me or others that don't choose to kite is just as lame as padding stats when you don't ever use an item EXP killing can be done different ways and still be effective. Who says you can't have more than 1 rotting at a time? Having 2 or 3 rotting would be ideal and would give you almost the same amount of mobs dead as kiting.
                    actually since i choose to use dd procs in my epic for that lil bit of extra dps on raids im forced to use my "OTHER" weapon while "root rotting" but since i dont do that i use my epic. wasnt basing root rotting off of hastened since... oh yea i dont have that cause root rotting still sucks. but sicne yours is only a 1 minute recast and im still killing 2 mobs in that time frame i guess that would make me the better necro.

Comment

In your own mind maybe. If you can double what I can kill in 30 minutes, you can hail yourself almighty kiter. Just killed 31 yellow cons in Beasts, think I can get up to 33 maybe 34 in that 30 minutes. Can you kill 62+ yellow con mobs in 30 minutes of kiting? If so, I would like to see it. Even with your better focus and more rk 3 spells, I don't think you can do it.

Comment

pretty sure he posted that a week ago!

and, im a lazy kiter. dont use pet, spend lots of time running. i have one piece of voa raid foci and one voa rank 3. i can kill around 50 np. in a few months i think 61 will be doable
                        Last edited by Xnao; 12-21-2011, 03:17 AM.

Comment

You can do 50 easy? Ughhh so I may have to hail him the almighty kiter, but the 62 has to be soon, not in a month!

Comment

I AA here at 91. It takes longer to kill mobs and requires more than 6 dots, especially when you don't have all your new shiny AA's and spells, but everybody should know that right. Still it's a good run for 30 minutes, any more than that and I want to gouge my eyes out.
                            Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Originally posted by Loratex View Post
                              if you are referring to the root spell you spend more time running to recast cause it breaks.
                              Welcome to the debate. As previously mentioned don't root rot without tash click. If your root is breaking with tash you're unlucky.

I've already walked threw the numbers and we've stated that kiting is marginally faster because of the 3 seconds on the tash click but thats it. Moving from 1 mob to the next takes the same amout of time unless you some how shorten the distance from point A to point B so we're at cast cycles. Ours are the same except instead of the snare I cast root and I add tash so my cycle is 3 seconds slower. You get added dps from your nuke procs but they need to add up to enough to do it in less than the number of dots I use otherwise you're not actually killing any faster.
                              Solithan

Comment

the tash cast time is equaled by spell snare for kiting. can PP between dots so that negates some of the cast time for root

Comment

Working...
                                X