New Spires AA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spires AA's

I finished these off bout 2 or 3 weeks ago and I just got around to using them recently. I thought they were innate at first... Seems like they should be for the cost...

I don't care about the second spire aa for the pet, I highly doubt I'll use that on anything but a magically immune target...

So my question is between the first and the third spire, which nets the biggest damage increase? Obviously I'm guessing the 3rd will since it's further in the line but has anyone had a chance to parse it?

I don't understand why they aren't stackable but it's a bit annoying imo. You hit one and they're all gone until the refresh... Seems like a good tactic would be to hit 1 and 3 together w/ everything else I have. Maybe then we could compare to the wizards w/ all the twincast craziness this expansion they have going...

3rd spire is a very nice increase in damage. if u have anguish robe im 100% sure 3rd always >1st. if u don't i imagine its closer but don't care to do the math.

Comment

3rd spire is one of the sleeper hits of SoD.

Stack dots on 3 mobs, hit 3rd spire and coa robe, and if you like try for a d4b proc just for laughs.

Mob HP goes down like turbo speed.

My best New Reavers rk3 tick is just under 19k so far (solo)

This will really boost short>medium term dps on raid mobs.

Is very nice solo.

limited user to groupers i guess, but nice for the "big hp named" when it pops

Comment

Use it like the poster above states and you will be very happy with the results. The cost isn't THAT bad as easy as AA'S are to get really. Think about maxing out full pet AA'S for the return, now think about full Spires for the return...big difference.

Comment

For a raider this is a big DPS burn booster, and for a Soloer this is basically a named Killer AA.
          We can just burn down Quarter million HP mobs in like 6 ticks.

Comment

i never had enough time to adequately parse them (and parsing this on live just introduces way too many variables to accurate), but i'm not 100% sure that's true (and i'm also 75% sure i don't wholly understand the 3rd spire).

» First Spire of Necromancy «
            Slot 3: Critical DoT (21)
            Spell Description: This ability, when active, will increase your chance to peform a critical strike with your damage over time spells.
            -increase chance to crit dots +5%, 6%, 7% dot crits (subject to have changed)

» Third Spire of Necromancy «
            Slot 1: UnknownEffect375 (base1: 175, base2: 0, max: 0)
            Spell Description: This ability, when active, will increase the power of your critical damage over time spell's strikes.
            -increase dmg amt when dots crit, or overcrit dmg 155, 165, 175 extra dmg/tick (subject to have changed)

Curse of Muram
            Slot Description
            1: Critical DoT(40)
            Spell Description: Increases the damage your duration damage spells will do for a short period of time.

Dark Whisper
            Slot Description
            1: Critical DoT(8)
            Spell Description: Increases the chance of your duration damage spells causing critical damage.

so, until someone can show me some kind of math where adding 175 over crit damage to a spell is better than an extra 7% change that my tick will do double it's focused damage, i'm not really sold on the idea. hope i'm wrong though~! i'd also like to know if 3rd spire stacks with bp click, because it doesn't look like it does--that's a little confusing.

Comment

Your first spire data is (way) old Mae. New values are 15/18/21% to dot crit chance.

Third spire is basically glyph of destruction. You dots crit damage modifier is higher.

That's 2 completely different things. CoA robe is same as First spire just lower crit chance.

So yes CoA robe + third spire do stack, i doubt coa robe + first spire do since they're both do the same thing and are both a buff.

Comment

Originally posted by Meph View Post
                Your first spire data is (way) old Mae. New values are 15/18/21% to dot crit chance.

Third spire is basically glyph of destruction. You dots crit damage modifier is higher.

That's 2 completely different things. CoA robe is same as First spire just lower crit chance.

So yes CoA robe + third spire do stack, i doubt coa robe + first spire do since they're both do the same thing and are both a buff.
                O <-- teh loop, X <-- me

well good, glad it got a boost at least! i was going by xis's original post, didn't realize it had been changed (bad xislabunny for not saying so).

Comment

It got boosted when the duration was lowered.

Comment

Just as an explanation of what 3rd does..it increases the Crit Modifier by 175&#37;
                    If you Crit with no AA, the crit does 200% damage, just doubles it.
                    If you Crit with Destructive Cascade AAs, it does 250%, double plus 50%
                    If you Crit with Destructive Cascade And 3rd spire on.... 425% So if your normal tick was going to be 1000hp, the crit makes it 4250hp
                    Glyph adds yet another 50% to the Crit strength meaning we can max out at a 475% amplified Crit.

The math is pretty easy to do.

Assuming we all have destructive cascade:

Base + (Crit % * Modifier)

No Robe/7th, No Spires:

1 + (0.48 * 2.50) = 2.2

No robe/7th, 1st spire:

1 + (0.69 * 2.50) = 2.725 (Representing a 23% increase in DPS)

No Robe/7th, 3rd spire:

1 + (0.48 * 4.25) = 3.04 (Representing a 38% Increase in DPS)

Now, the real reason it's so much better:

Robe, No Spires:

1 + (0.88 * 2.5) = 3.2

Robe + 1st Spire:

1 + (1 * 2.5) = 3.5 (Only a 9.3% increase)

Robe + 3rd spire:

1 + (0.88 * 4.25) = 4.74 (48% Increase)

7th, No Spire

1 + (0.98 * 2.5 ) = 3.45

7th, 1st Spire

1 + (1 * 2.5) = 3.5 (1.4% increase, No real gain)

7th, 3rd Spire

1 + (0.98 * 4.25) = 5.165 (49% Increase)

Then The Uber burn:

7th + Glyph, No Spire

1 + (0.98 * 3) = 3.94

7th + Glyph, 1st Spire

1 + (1 * 3) = 4 (1.5% Increase)

7th + Glyph + 3rd Spire

1 + (0.98 * 4.75) = 5.655 (43% Increase)

So at the Base level, with no other help, 3rd Spire contributes about 15% more to Baseline DPS, and once you start adding in other abilties, 3rd Spire starts to Dominate totally.

Basically, whatever you normally do without abilities, Spire + abilties all active, will give you 254% of that amount.

Comment

So basically spire 1 is a lesser CoA robe click and Spire 3 is a glyph.

Groovy, if only they weren't tied together. Its nice to see a CoA robe click affect in AA form because there are many out there that didn't get it, yet we get balanced as if we all have it. That should help even the playing field out between necros to some degree.
                      Solithan

Comment

1st spire does stack with CoA robe...I just maxed 1st spire. Both buffs come up on the window so i guess they stack =p

You can cast 1st spire on the fly which is cool, so yea it's basically like an AA version of are CoA robe.

So for those that don't have the pleasure of are OoW class robes you will dig 1st spire when maxed =)
                        Feellia Vuktepis

Comment

It does 'Stack' but problem I think is it exceeds 100&#37;, so it gets wasted.

Comment

epic 2.5 + coa robe + first spire = 10 + 40 + 21 = 71&#37; dot crits alone. Note sure how much exactly we get from aa's but i think it's a bit overboard.

3rd spire + coa robe is a much better combo than increasing crits by 21% on top of coa robe with first spire imo.

Comment

Not having the robe or spire 1 yet, do the timers work out so you can toggle from one to the other and have a booster buff on you at all times? or is the refresh rate not that fast.

Wish there was an easier way to get the CoA robe... Still cant solo anguish.
                              Solithan

Comment

Working...
                              X