X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoD Bone Mask of the Ancient

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=77408

Iksar Illusion Clicky

Pupose of this is you can run around Field of Scale (excluding animals) non kos with undead/live iksars and it works in Kaesora Library also which can help pulls somewhat, might help in hatchery too not been in that zone so not familiar with the mobs there.

5 part quest which some are pretty decent and easy for faction with the supplier in Field of Scale.

Quest starts with Phara Dar
    /say see this through to get "The Grand Illusion"
    then continue to say the other phrases he give you:
    /say ribcage for "Purity the Body"
    /say foot for "Evil Afoot"
    /say hand for "Idle Hands"
    /say skull for "The Skull of the Ancient"

They are all pretty self explanatory with the exception of a couple things, please feel free to ask questions and me or others that did this can answer or ask me in game, I don't recall where the steps are atm without doing them all again and am currently working on another faction, but I thought this would get those started that are interested.

1 thing I remember off hand when it asks to kill someone he's actually in Field of BONE near the kaesora entrance.

Pasted and copied from guild post i'm on Saryrn if anyone needs to send tell.

Scrat Edit // This quest is getting changed to be non-repeatable on the next server patch, per test patch msg 01/08/09.
    Last edited by scrat; 01-08-2009, 03:29 PM. Reason: Mod edit to advise non-repeat change

Where'd ya get the : Head, Hand and Foot?
    I've got the ribcage squared away.
    Solithan

Comment

The head comes from Field of Bone (not Scale), named guy Lord something at Kaesora gate was where I found him. The hand and foot come from inside FoS Kaesora, they are in boxes with a skull on top, labeled remains of something.

Comment

Found the loc of the living flame..but no living flame mob.
        --Retired, May 2012--
        The
        Edge-
        Walkers

Comment

Some tips.

Before you say hands for Idle Hands task...Go to the remains and /open them. Then go hail the shade, and go /loot the remains. Otherwise you cannot open them with guards nearby, so somebody without the task must do it for you - or clear the way.

Same with saying foot for Evil Afoot...go to the remains between the two masters and /open them. Then go get the task, run back and /loot it. Otherwise you have to beat the two monks down to 25% life (immune to changes in runspeed) for the remains to become /open'able.

The ribcage cannot be prelooted, nor can the slime or flame. You must have that task step open to get credit.
          Last edited by scrat; 12-17-2008, 12:42 PM.
          --Retired, May 2012--
          The
          Edge-
          Walkers

Comment

Originally posted by scrat View Post
            Found the loc of the living flame..but no living flame mob.
            It spawns at a certain in game time...I believe it was night when I saw it.

Comment

10pm gametime on the NE island for the burning flame.

Comment

Yup, 10pm.
                --Retired, May 2012--
                The
                Edge-
                Walkers

Comment

Originally posted by Mystiqat View Post
                  The head comes from Field of Bone (not Scale), named guy Lord something at Kaesora gate was where I found him. The hand and foot come from inside FoS Kaesora, they are in boxes with a skull on top, labeled remains of something.
                  Can he be solo'd?
                  Solithan

Comment

Originally posted by solithan View Post
                    Can he be solo'd?
                    Yep, doesn't summon.

Comment

exactly, I just kited him around the inside wall of Kaesora

Comment

For those that haven't yet started this quest, or haven't maxed field of scale faction...I highly suggest you get going on it asap. Considering the mask quest is repeatable 5hr (rewards 140chronos) and it has 4 sub-tasks, each repeatable (rewards 140chronos)...and after getting the mask you can do the two remains risk free...it's doomed to get nerfed. Either made non-repeatable or changed to be more difficult.
                        I've done the mask only twice, done the feed army task 4 times and I'm well into kindly. I think this is where scorching shadow rk2 is, not sure what type3s are here. Thats not a lot of time (or effort). It's definately worth dying a few times the first time around at the remains to get the mask for the speedy & efficient repeats.
                        --Retired, May 2012--
                        The
                        Edge-
                        Walkers

Comment

Tharoff

Hello everyone. I'm a long time reader, first time poster, and confused necromancer.

I've hailed Tharoff's shade.

I'm able to /open his bone's and die.

I get the quest from Phara Dar.

....but I'm unable to loot the hand.

I've tried to /inspect the bones with Harmshield up but that doesn't work.

I've tried to /inspect the bones with invis up. Every time I've tried it invis drops and I die before the loot window ever pops up.

Is there any other way to solo this part of the quest or must I ask someone to train the mobs away?

Comment

Originally posted by Garlron View Post
                            Hello everyone. I'm a long time reader, first time poster, and confused necromancer.

I've hailed Tharoff's shade.

I'm able to /open his bone's and die.

I get the quest from Phara Dar.

....but I'm unable to loot the hand.

I've tried to /inspect the bones with Harmshield up but that doesn't work.

I've tried to /inspect the bones with invis up. Every time I've tried it invis drops and I die before the loot window ever pops up.

Is there any other way to solo this part of the quest or must I ask someone to train the mobs away?
                            Welcome to Necrotalk!

There is the "intended" way to do this quest, and (I imagine) the un-intended way.

The remains of the hand (tharoff) cannot be /open if there are guards nearby...if you have the task assigned to you. Either ask somebody without the task to /open them - or remove the task and /open them yourself. Expect to die. I bound myself at phara dar so I died, respawned immediately (didn't bother with corpse), hailed and said "hand" for the idle hands task - went and hailed tharoff and then ran and /loot the hands. I died again, of course. But I got the update. Respawned, left the corpse.

For the remains of the master (foot) evil afoot; same thing. You cannot /open the remains with the iksar monks nearby. Remove the task and go /open them - again expect to die. Respawned, said foot to phara dar for the task - ran to the remains and /loot them. Died again.

Respawned, expediant recovery - turned them in to phara.

The intended was is to have a group clear the mobs from the room guarding tharoffs remains. If no NPCs are nearby, you can /open it. Same with the skeletal hand - you melee the two iksar masters down to 25% at which point they FD and the remains becomes /open'able.

----

After you get the mask done the first time, with the illusion active there is no risk since all mobs con apprehensive. Simply run to both of the remains and /open them. Then go to phara and get the tasks - and do your thing.

Edit: like all other tasks, if you remove it you can immediately get it back using keywords. So having tharoff hailed & whatnot isn't going to result in the loss of anyihng - you just get to do that again. Just remember to not have the tasks; then open them; then get the tasks and loot them.
                            Last edited by scrat; 10-31-2008, 03:52 PM. Reason: forgot something..
                            --Retired, May 2012--
                            The
                            Edge-
                            Walkers

Comment

Are you dying because of the lag or something? I was able to loot and use invis when I did it the first time. Push alt-J (or maybe control-J, i forget) and disable the journal if it's not. That will only help with the lag from agro messages but it may help you fd sooner.

You could also turn off the confirmation for looting no trade items and then hold shift while you right click the remains. That should automatically loot everything in it. Just remember to turn the confirmation back on.

Comment

Working...
                              X