Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Researcher trophy evolution?

Hey all,

I'm currently lvl 62 and have worked up research along the way. I'm currently sitting at 210 base value. Recently I got hold of that darned elusive Rune of Tempest and was thinking of replacing the Geerlock quill with the trophy, but I am now somewhat hesitant as I don't understand how the trophy evolves?

Do you need to get a new scorecard at 250 to allow it to evolve to the next lvl (which means refarming a lot of stuff) or is there another (easier) way to get it to evolve? Or does it make sense to hold off on getting the trophy at 250 as the boost from the Geerlock quill is the same untill then?

Thanks a lot!

If you already have a research trophy, any research trophy, all you have to do to get it to evolve is equip it (ammo is a great slot) while you are doing research combines. Every successful skillup of a non-trivial combine counts towards trophy evolution. The higher the level of the trophy, the more successful combines you will need to make in order to get the trophy to evolve. You can monitor the evolution of your trophy by clicking on the "Evolution" tab on your Inventory page. Just equip the trophy and click the tab. It will show the current percentage of evolution (ie, 43&#37 and so you'll know that you have 57% more to go.

If you Ching (Tradeskill title Ding like Journeyman, Expert, Master), then the next few skill-ups have a greatly enhanced Evolution ratio, so you'll evolve your trophy much more quickly.

Once you reach 300 and have the Expert Trophy, I believe it takes 450 successful combines to evolve to the Master's Trophy (15% Mod).

Hope that is what you were looking for!
    Semper Fi,
    ---Drazz
    Mikaal Drazzminius
    Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
    EQ Traders Super Moderator
    EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

I have only managed to get one of my 9 trophies to the top level, it is tough because the trivial on the combines must be 301+, since the trivial must be above your current max to count. I noticed that as long as you have the trophy equipped, it seemed to average 1% for about every 3 to 4 combines, successful or not. The mechanics are designed to where the trophy will evolve on average within 4 to 5 points of your next title. I did have one trophy I was not using, and made I think 250 on the skill, and the trophy was only 40% into the level, but less then 10 combines later it evolved.

The other thing to note that some people don't realize, even if the trivial is green with the modifier on, you will still get the points. I found there are a lot of combines for the tradeskills that you only lose a small amount of money while getting skillups.

Also, the only recipe I can recommend for the final run to 300 is the wand (will look up the name in a bit), it is expensive to make, but is worth the time, and depending, can still sell pretty well to make your money back. The hard part is the farming of the sunshard ores. It also requires a vendor buy from Merchant Woad, at I think 500pp per for one item, and another 450pp for the other part of the combine. I tried farming spell components and working the spells to get the skillups, but it was agonizingly slow.

If anyone is interested, I can do a quick write-up soon on the best recipes for skillups, some of the info on eqtraders is not always the easiest path.

Comment

If you aren't using the binding powders to skill up you are way off. There is no cheaper path than those.

Comment

Has anyone found a cheaper way to get them? I was already 260+ before the powders came out, I did a combo with those and also the wands, but at least on Saryrn, there wasn't a huge amount of binding powder available. Or has the drop rate increased?

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooedmidget View Post
            Or has the drop rate increased?
            Not sure what makes the difference, but they are fairly plentiful on Quellious. Not always the cheapest, tho. That's why I'm still at 289, LOL.
            Semper Fi,
            ---Drazz
            Mikaal Drazzminius
            Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
            EQ Traders Super Moderator
            EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

I got stacks and stacks from a friend, the cheapest way I can say is set up a barter thing. The really nice thing about them is each one gives 2 chances at a skill up.

Comment

Yep, this is what I was looking for, thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Mystiqat View Post
                  If you aren't using the binding powders to skill up you are way off. There is no cheaper path than those.
                  I agree with statement almost completely. One thing to consider is parchemnt solutions. If you are planning one making alot of a certain level of spell that is pretty far above your skill level, usually you can skill up on the solutions for those spells. It will be cheaper for you in the long run and a chance to skill up all make it worthwhile.

For example I am level 62 and my research is at 194 to make my level 63 spells the vellum solution is trvial at 203 and so is the vellum spell scroll combination. so for making one of my level 63 spells i had three chances of a skill up. It is still p ricy but if you are going to make the spells anyways this is porbably the most economical way. Also i make spells for guilies they bring the vellum and i do the rest so i get skills ups off of that for alot cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                  X