Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elidroth has resigned to take a job flying for Northrop Gumind

So long and thanks for all the fish

This is not an easy thing to write. I'll get the rough stuff out of the way now.. Today marks my final day on EverQuest, and last day at SOE/Daybreak Games. Before anyone gets nervous.. EQ is not in jeopardy and Daybreak Games is not having problems. I'm leaving because an incredible opportunity has presented itself and is something I simply can't ignore. It is NOT to work on another game. I am leaving the gaming industry to go work for Northrop Grumman as a pilot.

EQ has been a gigantic part of my life for more than 16 years. For 7+ years, I was an avid player and a hardcore raider. I lived and breathed EverQuest. I'd come home from work, log into EQ, and be there until I went to sleep. Then for the past 8+ years, I've been fortunate enough to be a developer on this amazing legacy. In both cases, the passion comes from the people. You guys. When I was a player, the excitement and fun of playing with my friends was the bond which kept me coming back. As a developer, those same bonds, albeit now with other developers, and you guys, the players, is what motivated me to come to work every morning. Working on an MMO such as EQ is work. It is not all fun and roses, but more often than not it was a pleasure coming to work each day, and you're all a big reason why, from my closest friends, to my biggest critics. The passion from you guys, the players, made it worthwhile.

As I leave, I want everyone to be reminded that you're in solid hands with EQ. This team is without a doubt the most dedicated, most emotionally invested, and best dev team I've ever been a part of.. Every artist, every programmer, every designer wants only the best for EverQuest, and they bust their *** every day to do their best. 18+ years this game has delivered, and I full expect it to be around for many more to come.

And with that.. I'm out. Thanks for everything.

Doug Cronkhite

PS.. Absor sucks.

Here's a little tribute I had made:
    Feed Snakidroth!
    Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Leaving just in time to avoid most of beta I guess...
    Solithan

Comment

Working...
    X