'Dead' Man Wakes Up Under Autopsy Knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Dead' Man Wakes Up Under Autopsy Knife

you just can't make up headlines like that one!

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=3611647

Sep 17, 2007
    CARACAS (Reuters) - A Venezuelan man who had been declared dead woke up in the morgue in excruciating pain after medical examiners began their autopsy.

Carlos Camejo, 33, was declared dead after a highway accident and taken to the morgue, where examiners began an autopsy only to realize something was amiss when he started bleeding. They quickly sought to stitch up the incision on his face.

"I woke up because the pain was unbearable," Camejo said, according to a report on Friday in leading local newspaper El Universal.

His grieving wife turned up at the morgue to identify her husband's body only to find him moved into a corridor -- and alive.

Reuters could not immediately reach hospital officials to confirm the events. But Camejo showed the newspaper his facial scar and a document ordering the autopsy.
    ~Lylith Bloodrose~
    Level 80 Necromancer
    apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

The only thing worse than that would be to wake up in a coffin. Do you know where the phrase "Saved by the bell" comes from? Years back when medical science was more an art than a science, people were buried with a hole going down to the coffin, with a string running down the hole connected to a bell up top and to one of the fingers of the buried guy in the grave. They did this in case the buried guy wasn't really dead, and woke up in the coffin. He would then ring the bell, letting the caretaker know that someone who was thought dead was in truth not so much. Thus the phrase "saved by the bell" came into being. Of course, the nightmares one would have from waking up in that situation would probably make one wish they really had died.
    Intropy Coldheart and Maethros Wildheart, Officer of Spiritwind Avengers of Quellious

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons......for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thought "saved by the bell" was a boxing reference, so just had to Snope it.

From Snopes:

"If the bell would ring, they would know someone was "saved by the bell" or a Dead ringer"

Snopes says:
      Saved by the bell is a 1930's term from the world of boxing, where a beleaguered fighter being counted out would be delayed by the ringing of the bell to signify the end of the round.

Comment

That's why it's always good to smack the 'body' in the head with a nice shovel first.
        Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

nah, just pull a 'The Bride' from kill Bill move /shudder Uma Thurma was wickedily cool in that scene, very intense.

being buried alive was a great fear of Edgar Allen Poe. That's why I'm 100% for cremation, lol, despite being raised Catholic ( belief to keep body for Ascention... nah, that ok, I'll skip that part!) Plus, the old ditty 'the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out...' ugh, gross much!
          ~Lylith Bloodrose~
          Level 80 Necromancer
          apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

Comment

Your enemies have forgotten you!

sigpic Encephalitis
            im in ur head, swelln ur brainz

Comment

you can't be buried alive in the modern world.

the embalming process would most certainly kill you

Some where there is a dead body I should be playing with...

Comment

That was the only good thing about the Egyptians ripping your brain out through your nose...

If electricity come from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Comment

I don't know. History Channel's always been pretty good source of info for me. The few times I've thought they were wrong ended up me being the one on the wrong side of the arguement.
                  Intropy Coldheart and Maethros Wildheart, Officer of Spiritwind Avengers of Quellious

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons......for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Galvanism on human subjects needs to make a comeback.

Comment

haha encephilitis

-Egg

Comment

i don't want to be buried with embalming fluid..but then i don't want to be buried, i want to be cremated and planted with a tree...

geez...that sounds awfully druid ish...huh?

you could always do this:

http://www.lifegem.com/

then your wife, best friend, homey, whatever..could bling out their grill....

Whatever you believe, please practice in peace, with a vigilant eye to the common concerns of all creatures, created or mutated.
                        Me on MySpace **** iGive***Feed a Stray

Comment

Yikes, that seems kinda morbid to me. Wearing something created from the dead body of someone you love? No thank you.

Comment

Working...
                          X