15+ guilds already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15+ guilds already?

Xislaben got me curious, so I checked out Maeryn's ranking site, and it seems there's like 10-15 guilds that are already at or real near accessing the end zone of SOD. That's incredibly quick. Triality has 2 mobs left or something? It's been like 2 months(1 of which being part of the holiday season).

Grats to people tearing through it. That's like twice the number of guilds that beat the two previous expansions before the following beta had started. Pretty crazy, imo. Are that many guilds that 'good', or is content really that 'easy'?

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Originally posted by Jebasiz View Post
    Xislaben got me curious, so I checked out Maeryn's ranking site, and it seems there's like 10-15 guilds that are already at or real near accessing the end zone of SOD. That's incredibly quick. Triality has 2 mobs left or something? It's been like 2 months(1 of which being part of the holiday season).

Grats to people tearing through it. That's like twice the number of guilds that beat the two previous expansions before the following beta had started. Pretty crazy, imo. Are that many guilds that 'good', or is content really that 'easy'?
    as far as i know there are only 2 guilds who have beaten events in discord (traility & CT), and there's only 5 other guilds who have completed the korafax theme. ease is relative i guess, but ya, i've heard discord definitely needs a retune.

Comment

Thats not horrible, I hear the bleeders in WoW already beat all of their content and their expansion came out after ours.
      Solithan

Comment

It's fast for EQ. Real fast. As for WoW, I have no idea. Most of the 25-man raids are optional(for progression), that and they don't release all the raid content at once..but do it in increments, which means there will be much more soon. That and "being done" doesn't last long or mean much early on.

Comment

The way i see it, raids started way to low on difficulty scale. There's 5 themes that need raids finished ( Oceangreen, Bloody Kithicor, Field of Sacale, Invasion of Earth, Discord) and 3 of those are MMM+ difficulty, maybe 1 or 2 fights equal Crystallos difficulty.

Only Invasion of Earth and Discord are in a higher tier and those raids (with the exception of 2-3 aren't too hard.

I heared Triality awarded keys with first two Discord Tower scripts in mind and downed first Discord Tower raids with like 43 people. They downed 5 out of 7 scripts in 2 days apparently. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Hope they make it harder. It seems Korafax instance has see a few tweaks to ve bit harder with recent patch. Hope tower also.

Comment

It's an expansion of bridge content? Maybe Rytan still wants to shrink raids to 42 or even 36 next expansion? That's the only way it'd make any sense at all..ohh well, sorry for the intrusion(I've been pretty good lately!).

Comment

Originally posted by Jebasiz View Post
              It's an expansion of bridge content? Maybe Rytan still wants to shrink raids to 42 or even 36 next expansion? That's the only way it'd make any sense at all..ohh well, sorry for the intrusion(I've been pretty good lately!).
              Yeah that's my guess too. No intrusion at all. :P

Comment

Next expansion it might end up making sense to do that, I also kind of think that in a way they did it this expansion.

They must have had these fights designed already for the most part when they did that whole raid size things. So even though they likely tuned them up some, I'm pretty sure we're using 54 people on things fundamentally designed for 42 but increased in power a tiny bit.

Comment

That sort of instantly came to mind when I looked at the progression website and saw guilds that are 'close' to the end zone already that didn't enter crystallos until almost beta of SoD. It's really just way too much of a jump for several guilds to be explained any other way. 5 guilds don't improve to that degree over night...well, that many guilds never have before in one expansion cycle.

Comment

I think its possible as well that Developpers vastly under estimated their own improvements made to various classes.

We have a situation where some classes are dealing out triple the damage they were before and effects are resonating with one another.

In Beta testing without a lot of public information, its possible people weren't properly co-ordinating things and not achieving as much Healing or Damage power as they are now.

Many of the fights leading to the end, while not 'DPS' fights and certainly aided a lot by robust sustained damage.

Gimmicky fights as well are easier to beat once you figure the gimmick out, making fights lean more on skill level than gear, meaning ones the were behind can jump ahead.

And Lastly and not insignificantly...For about a Month now I've had like 4000 more HP/Mana than I was supposed to. They let that bug stay for a long time, and even the non-buggy part is a big increase.

If a Guild was an MMM guild, and you go give them all 3500 more HP by accident...you just made then a Crystallos guild. During the fights those guilds won, any time you saw your tank at 1800hp and get a heal, remember he should be dead.

So the raids I think were weaker than intended, and we were made stronger than intended.

Comment

Originally posted by solithan View Post
                      Thats not horrible, I hear the bleeders in WoW already beat all of their content and their expansion came out after ours.

That's because the *real* raid content for wotlk isn't in game yet. They gave us copy pasta Naxx and a half finished expansion and said "Here ya go gaiz we'll add Arthas and icecrown citadel later".

Warhammer online.
                      Originally Posted by Xelgadis
                      Nah, not delusions of grandeur. He's just a person from back in the era when the game was fun. Even in his retirement he keeps us entertained, with the best kind of entertainment, the kind procured at the expense of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryal Anderror View Post
                        I think its possible as well that Developpers vastly under estimated their own improvements made to various classes.

We have a situation where some classes are dealing out triple the damage they were before and effects are resonating with one another.

In Beta testing without a lot of public information, its possible people weren't properly co-ordinating things and not achieving as much Healing or Damage power as they are now.

Many of the fights leading to the end, while not 'DPS' fights and certainly aided a lot by robust sustained damage.

Gimmicky fights as well are easier to beat once you figure the gimmick out, making fights lean more on skill level than gear, meaning ones the were behind can jump ahead.

And Lastly and not insignificantly...For about a Month now I've had like 4000 more HP/Mana than I was supposed to. They let that bug stay for a long time, and even the non-buggy part is a big increase.

If a Guild was an MMM guild, and you go give them all 3500 more HP by accident...you just made then a Crystallos guild. During the fights those guilds won, any time you saw your tank at 1800hp and get a heal, remember he should be dead.

So the raids I think were weaker than intended, and we were made stronger than intended.
                        The hp/mana bug came and went with little difference for my guild. It might've saved a wipe here and there, but once we got strats down we've rolled through MMM, and now crystallos up to air2, SoD tier 1 and 2. An extra ~2k hp/mana for max aa characters doesn't really bump you to crystallos lvl because better ratio weapons, more ac, more heroics, and better foci play a bigger role in defeating content.

I hope you're right about SoD being tuned to 42 people, cause that's what we've been maxing out at since the expansion opened. I don't think there's 54 competent raiders left on Combine.

Comment

I think it has a bigger impact than you'd think.

It's true weapon ratios and AC are more important, but about half the classes don't care about either of those things. An extra 3k mana in a Wizard or Cleric Manapool is impactful particularily when multiplied by 54 people all gaining atleast some benefit from it.

Also just gives a little padding while you do strats, then once you've beaten something, it drops away and you get more efficient etc... I'd certainly take 3k mana over an additional 5% focus or something.

Again, just saying that combined with other factors I think all contribute to the 'catch-up' effect we're seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kadyan Aeternalis View Post
                            That's because the *real* raid content for wotlk isn't in game yet. They gave us copy pasta Naxx and a half finished expansion and said "Here ya go gaiz we'll add Arthas and icecrown citadel later".
                            They always stagger raid content.. but I agree that I feel like they cheated with tweaked Naxx. But, there are actually four 10/25 man raid instances open now (single bosses, but not Naxx and with loot tables and their own lock outs).. and in addition to the 4 unopened Dragonflight Aspects under Wrymrest, there are at least 3 more raid instances that will be rolled out. And Blizzard had never been shy about adding new raid content between expansions.

It's wild how much easier Naxx-25 is than Naxx-10. Cept for a few checks (like Patchwerk 25), I think 10 man is the harder deal.

I also like reasonable trash for once. It's nice having a first "gearing up" instance that rather than require you to clear trash for 30 minutes a go (*cough* Kara *cough*) you actually see new bosses barely in time for your cool downs to reset.

Anyway, back to EQ raiding.. go go Xis.

Felicite Belbold`Oloth * My Kitchen * Gift of Darkness * Firiona Vie
                            Cachet Belbold`Oloth * Aumnyder Boytoy * Retired 01/31/2006

Comment

Triality has now events 1-5 down. CT as of last night has 1-4 down.

Mae your sig drives me crazy. I just want to rip xislabens robe off now .... ty!

Comment

Working...
                              X