Sell Circlet of Shadow now that we have AA? - Necrotalk.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell Circlet of Shadow now that we have AA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell Circlet of Shadow now that we have AA?

I was curious if the CoS (Pre-nerf) is still useful? I don't have the AA yet, but I'm hurting for money and thought if the AA is just as good, I could sell my CoS.

Thoughts?

I sold mine long ago after I got the aa. Some people like it since they are so rare but functionally they're out of date.

Comment

Time to necropost this Xislaben special:

Digging this up caused me to read a lot of my old posts. I apologize to the community.

Felicite Belbold`Oloth * My Kitchen * Gift of Darkness * Firiona Vie
      Cachet Belbold`Oloth * Aumnyder Boytoy * Retired 01/31/2006

Comment

There are 2 differences.

CoS has no recast time.. it can be spammed. It is not fixed duration (since it can be spammed the non fixed nature isn't an issue unless you are afk or not paying attention)

The AA is fixed duration invis but has a 7 sec refresh (which 99% of the time isn't a problem.)

Comment

lol I'm never ever selling mine. Even if I did get the AA, I wouldn't sell it just because I love knowing that I have it. It's just one of those necro reflexes to hit the CoS hotkey, and I love being able to spam it. Again, not because spamming it is overly important, but because I like being able to. Plus, if you run around in circles spamming it, you can make a really cool light show for the rest of your group.

When the day comes for me to hang up the robe, my CoS will be buried with me in my coffin.

I suppose it helps that I already have more plat than I can spend. I'm sure my perspective would change dramatically if I needed some spending plats.

Comment

Usually not needed with the AA. If you can still get a lot of plat for it, and you need it, I would sell it. AA does have a refresh, as stated above, but most of the time it's sufficient.

Comment

What do you guys think I should sell it for? I have heard varying opinions, all the way from 200k to 1 million. I know back in 2005 it was going for 300-400k, so considering inflation, 800k+ sounds about right but I think that was possibly before the AA came out.

Anyone seen one sell recently?

Comment

I would try for 1 million. They are very rare and there are a lot of people out there with a lot of plat.

Comment

If you are a laid back player that never pushes things you will never miss it.

If you are balls to the walls you will reach for it frequently.

I got the AA, and I was still pulling my CoS to use at least 1 or 2 times a week when the refresh timer on the AA was a problem.

I did like the AA the majority of the time for the fixed duration though... Not that the fixed duration ever really mattered since anything I really needed that I was better off FDing when I walked away from the computer....

Not that I have played in like 18 months or whatever...

Some where there is a dead body I should be playing with...

Comment

I sold mine years ago. It's worthless now and only serves to take up an inventory slot.

Comment

Originally posted by FCseven View Post
                      I sold mine years ago. It's worthless now and only serves to take up an inventory slot.
                      You sir are the debil! If your inventory was filling up, try putting all the bone chips into a single stack instead of one per slot :P

Originally posted by Felicite View Post
                      Time to necropost this Xislaben special:

Digging this up caused me to read a lot of my old posts. I apologize to the community.
                      <3
                      Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Originally posted by Xislaben View Post
                        <3
                        Hey cutie.

When I was a raid healer in WoW, the heal team used Grid for raid frames. Every time someone talked about changing to a new addon, I ripped you off (and got props):

Thanks =)

Felicite Belbold`Oloth * My Kitchen * Gift of Darkness * Firiona Vie
                        Cachet Belbold`Oloth * Aumnyder Boytoy * Retired 01/31/2006

Comment

Working...
                        X