A reminder(for the guys..mostly)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A reminder(for the guys..mostly)

This Sunday is Valentine's Day. Yes..the holiday with the worst acronym(and maybe most fitting) ever. Anyway, I guess girls expect a card, chocolates and a gift of some sort as a minimum, so go down to the gas station and pick up all three tomorrow night or you're gonna be in trouble(or something)!

/r
    Jeb

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Sheetz ftw.
    Magelo way out of date due to laziness...

Comment

Or you can do as the Benevolent Lord Ckador IRL does... wait for some guy to f**K up his girlfriend's V-day for her... then swoop in at the last moment to "save" the day. Saves money, time, patience... and when they inevitably make up, that is one less obligation!
      Last edited by scrat; 02-19-2010, 09:39 AM.
      8:;;;;': D~e~e~ >_O

"To the rare Few, who, early in Life have rid Themselves of the Friendship of the Many, this pathetic Post is inscribed"

Comment

You lot are so damn chauvinistic.

I splash out every year.

This year I bought my wife a new bag and a new belt.

The hoover works a f***g treat now.
        Last edited by scrat; 02-19-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by flubuk View Post
          The hoover works a f***g treat now.
          Multiple ways to take this one.
          Last edited by scrat; 02-19-2010, 09:40 AM.
          Magelo way out of date due to laziness...

Comment

I plan on getting my wife the same thing she gets me for holidays/birthdays...absolutely nothing.
            Retired

Comment

Originally posted by Zeli View Post
              Multiple ways to take this one.
              /makes notes

missed the amusing "sex aid" sidetrack

Comment

I don't celebrate this garbage corporatized consumer holiday.

Valentines day is for chumps if you love someone you show them how you feel everyday and you strive to always make it special. Not just one day of the year where you buy them some useless shit they don't need in the first place.

Love isn't bought, it's given imo.
                Originally Posted by Xelgadis
                Nah, not delusions of grandeur. He's just a person from back in the era when the game was fun. Even in his retirement he keeps us entertained, with the best kind of entertainment, the kind procured at the expense of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Kadyan Aeternalis View Post
                  I don't celebrate this garbage corporatized consumer holiday.

Valentines day is for chumps if you love someone you show them how you feel everyday and you strive to always make it special. Not just one day of the year where you buy them some useless shit they don't need in the first place.

Love isn't bought, it's given imo.
                  Truth, but, if her love language is "gifts" and you don't get anything for a common gift day, you might find yourself in the shitter....

Now, if you have a chic that is ok with treating it like any other day, more power to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Vanlor View Post
                    Truth, but, if her love language is "gifts" and you don't get anything for a common gift day, you might find yourself in the shitter....

Now, if you have a chic that is ok with treating it like any other day, more power to you!
                    If you have a chick that has a love language that consists of you buying her things..ditch her and find a chick that isn't a shallow materalist imo.
                    Nah, not delusions of grandeur. He's just a person from back in the era when the game was fun. Even in his retirement he keeps us entertained, with the best kind of entertainment, the kind procured at the expense of others.

Comment

I was thinking about getting my wife a wristwatch, but then I noticed the clock on the stove still keeps accurate time.

So now I'm thinking of getting her a flour, but I don't know what women perfer on V-day. Its a toss up between self-rising, or all-purpose. Splurge and get both?

Seriously...never met a woman in my life that really didn't mind not getting lavished with "extra" attention come valentines day. I've known some that would talk until they are blue in the face trying to convince you otherwise..but when you came through anyway it meant something to them that you did it anyway. And when they get asked by their girlfriends later what they got for valentines...I never wanted to be that guy who was too cheap or lazy or forgot.

For us older guys...it's one of very few days of the year you can effectively guarantee lingerie being worn later on if you play your cards right. Just be sure to take notice of the tag location so you don't put it on backwards.
                      --Retired, May 2012--
                      The
                      Edge-
                      Walkers

Comment

Originally posted by scrat View Post
                        I...never met a woman in my life that really didn't mind not getting lavished with "extra" attention come valentines day. I've known some that would talk until they are blue in the face trying to convince you otherwise..but when you came through anyway it meant something to them that you did it anyway. And when they get asked by their girlfriends later what they got for valentines...I never wanted to be that guy who was too cheap or lazy or forgot.

For us older guys...it's one of very few days of the year you can effectively guarantee lingerie being worn later on if you play your cards right. Just be sure to take notice of the tag location so you don't put it on backwards.
                        Every year my wife tells me not to get her anything because I do enough for her all year long (married 15 yrs). Every year I still pull thru and get a nice "grab bag" of stuff.

This year:
                        • Dinner show (Taste of Asia)
                        • Coach travel bag
                        • Burberry Perfume
                        • TRX Suspension Trainer Pro (for those that remember, my wife is a fitness addict)
                        • Matching earrings and necklace
                        • Chocolates
                        • Lingerie
                        • Full Body Massage upon return from the show

Every year it pays big dividends. It isn't how much I spend or what is there, my wife appreciates the idea of being thought of, taken care of and pampered.

I enjoy her appreciation.
                        Semper Fi,
                        ---Drazz
                        Mikaal Drazzminius
                        Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
                        EQ Traders Super Moderator
                        EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Drazzminius View Post
                          Every year my wife tells me not to get her anything because I do enough for her all year long (married 15 yrs). Every year I still pull thru and get a nice "grab bag" of stuff.

This year:
                          • Dinner show (Taste of Asia)
                          • Coach travel bag
                          • Burberry Perfume
                          • TRX Suspension Trainer Pro (for those that remember, my wife is a fitness addict)
                          • Matching earrings and necklace
                          • Chocolates
                          • Lingerie
                          • Full Body Massage upon return from the show

Every year it pays big dividends. It isn't how much I spend or what is there, my wife appreciates the idea of being thought of, taken care of and pampered.

I enjoy her appreciation.
                          Not many guys here who I would say this to about their wives, but iirc yours is exceptionally attractive so.

pics plz.

Comment

LOL. Wife's even better than last I posted pics. She's the reigning Ms. Okinawa Figure Champion, Torii Station Figure Overall Grand Champion (as well as 1st in her class) and #1 Hot Mom on Earth.

Weeeeeeeell worth whatever I invest into her.

Semper Fi,
                            ---Drazz
                            Mikaal Drazzminius
                            Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
                            EQ Traders Super Moderator
                            EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Drazzminius View Post
                              LOL. Wife's even better than last I posted pics. She's the reigning Ms. Okinawa Figure Champion, Torii Station Figure Overall Grand Champion (as well as 1st in her class) and #1 Hot Mom on Earth.

Weeeeeeeell worth whatever I invest into her.

Awesome, it seems you're a very lucky man sir.

I actually always talk alot about not buying v-day stuff but I always end up spending a ton anyway myself lol. Amazing how much a good woman backs you up, I feel like spending whatever is justified as long as shes happy. Anytime though, not just v-day. =p

Comment

Working...
                              X