Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76-80 Spells .. from Allakhazam/Lucy

Noticed that they were up, so here's the link to Alla's list: LINK

No clue how that's gonna change before release, but it's getting close to pucker-time.

Not very impressive, imo. Small'ish upgrades to existing spells and still shit in there we never use and/or didn't need upgraded at all.

I didn't get into beta, but surely there's been more input on spells than what generated this list?

You sir are not accepting PM's!

Now I can't send you my cheesecake recipe!
    Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Hmm. Had no clue that was off, lol.

i r accepting them now, though, by goshgolly

Comment

Originally posted by Qedd View Post
        Hmm. Had no clue that was off, lol.

i r accepting them now, though, by goshgolly
        Strawberry swirl cheesecake, or Chocolate cheesecake?
        Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

I'd say "surprise me" but that may not be the wisest choice, methinks.

Comment

Searing Shadow looks like it had potential.

The standard dots are there.

Not too bad at first quick glance, but I see prathun continues to steal paychecks by wasting time with traps and lifeshards.

lol at that guy irl.

Would like to see the disease dot keep its duration and upgrade Grip of Mori. At least then it will have occasional use.

Comment

Originally posted by Xislaben View Post
              Strawberry swirl cheesecake, or Chocolate cheesecake?
              I'd like recipes to both plz.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

Ive developed a taste for pie.

Recipes please.

Comment

i LOVE cheesecake

mind sending me those recipes?
                  Grand Occultist Dismal

Comment

Originally posted by sbenchia View Post
                    Ive developed a taste for pie.

Recipes please.
                    2 cups flour
                    1 tsp salt
                    3/4th cup of water
                    2/3rds cup lard ( crisco)

place into a bowl
                    use a thingie- 3 prong with flat handle (you can use a fork, but the kitchen stores will have those 3 pring things and they rock!)

scrunch up/stir flour together with water until it resembles flaky white bread crumbs

take flour/salt/water mixture out of bowl and place on flat surface

sprinkle flour down on surface and rolling pin. Brush off excess flour by hand and roll out dough about 1/4 inch thick

I use a pizza cutter and make a circle for pie tin ( i.e lay pie tin on the dough, add an inch past boundry for overlap **the scrunchie part for seams***) Place the 1 circle you just created in a pie pan.

NOTE: I use PAM/cooking spray in pie tin first, so juices don't cause pie crust to stick when serving

cut and core 5 granny smith apples

Red apples work, but more mushie as a baking apple

take 1/2 cup sugar ( granny smiths are tart)
                    1 tbs cinnamon
                    1/3 tsp nutmag or all spice

stir together in small bowl till well mixed

take spice/sugar and add to apples
                    now assemble apples in pie tin with bottm of pie crust

dot with 1 1/2 tbls butter

roll out rest of dough, same height

lay it flat on tope of pie tin. Now, crunch sides under so it meets. Take a dinner fork and press dough on sides to gether, so it meets and no exposed seam is present. Cut 4 darts , so apple pie juice cook and don't run over. You can take egg white ( minus yoke) and brush top of pie. Optional to add suage on top, usually looks nice when browned that way though.

Cook at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes

cool on wire rack

betty cocker cook book 1960 by memory =)

peach pie is just about the same, strawberry was a bit more iffy on same
                    sugar or not. Raisin pie is good, just add some brandy or soak the raisins in brandy for a few weeks or month. Same with mince meat =) but no extra spices for mince meat ugh, that'd be too much as it's all spices.

Add a dash of lemon juice is fruit is not sweet or too tart. Purely optional.

Note 2: add 1 to 2 Tbls flour to apple/fruit mixture if you want a thickening agent, like how bakery/stores do.
                    ~Lylith Bloodrose~
                    Level 80 Necromancer
                    apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

Comment

single crust pie:

suitable for pumpkin and lemon

1 cup flour
                      1/2 tsp salt
                      1/3 cup lard ( crisco)

2 Tsp water

mind you: if too dry, add more water, you can add more flour to achive correct consistentcy. Just play with it until texture is right. IMO- it is very forgiving, toolosee add flour, too dry, add water.

same directions as above for 2 crst pie: mush, blend till flacky and then
                      roll out, place in pie tin

Crunch sides together with fingers around edge. Once crust is in the tin, take a fork and puncture sides, bottom all over. This prevents pie crust from pulling into itself as it bakes.

bake: 475 for 10 minutes

Homemade pie crust is 1000x better than store bought. I cannot eat store bought crust now. I feed it to my dogs, lol

lemon meringue pie:

make the day of or night before you plan on eatting it. It will 'weep' meaning loosen up. It's mighty tasty and my fav:

mix in saucepan:
                      1 1/2 cups sugar
                      1/3 cup cornstarch

whisk them togther until blended.

Over medium heat and constantly stirring add:

3 egg yokes; lightly beaten ( save your egg whites! use them in meringue)

Boil 1 minute, stir constantly

remove from heat and add:
                      3 Tbls butter
                      1/4 cup lemon juice
                      1 Tbls lemon zest ( grate a lemon on wax paper, then measure. usually takes 2 lemon skins for it)

Pour mixture into pie shell

pie meringue:

3 egg whites ( see!)
                      1/4 cream of tartar ( ever wonder wtf it is???)
                      6 tsp sugar

you can add 1/2 Tsp juice, purely optional. I usually skip that part.

beat eggs with cream of tartar until frothy ( you will understand when u see it)

add sugar a little at a time.

I have a big *** mixer. I use the meringue whip on it on high.

Work with a small hand electric mixer too

beat until the white stuff will show as a peak when you remove the beater. It will stand up stiff. Pile meringue on top of the pie filling while hot. Cover each edge to prevent 'weeping' (pulling from sides.)

bake until browned on the tips. bake: 400 for 8 to 10 minutes.

let pie sit for a while before serving 10-20 minute. Put leftovers in fridge!
                      ~Lylith Bloodrose~
                      Level 80 Necromancer

Comment

That's it, I'm kidnapping lyllith.

-Egg

Comment

Originally posted by Aegrusnecrox View Post
                          That's it, I'm kidnapping lyllith.

-Egg
                          I really regret going to paralegal school and not cooking school

I bake alot and I don't read case law any more. lol.
                          ~Lylith Bloodrose~
                          Level 80 Necromancer

Comment

Originally posted by Lylith View Post
                            2 cups flour
                            1 tsp salt
                            3/4th cup of water
                            2/3rds cup lard ( crisco)

place into a bowl
                            use a thingie- 3 prong with flat handle (you can use a fork, but the kitchen stores will have those 3 pring things and they rock!)

scrunch up/stir flour together with water until it resembles flaky white bread crumbs

take flour/salt/water mixture out of bowl and place on flat surface

sprinkle flour down on surface and rolling pin. Brush off excess flour by hand and roll out dough about 1/4 inch thick

I use a pizza cutter and make a circle for pie tin ( i.e lay pie tin on the dough, add an inch past boundry for overlap **the scrunchie part for seams***) Place the 1 circle you just created in a pie pan.

NOTE: I use PAM/cooking spray in pie tin first, so juices don't cause pie crust to stick when serving

cut and core 5 granny smith apples

Red apples work, but more mushie as a baking apple

take 1/2 cup sugar ( granny smiths are tart)
                            1 tbs cinnamon
                            1/3 tsp nutmag or all spice

stir together in small bowl till well mixed

take spice/sugar and add to apples
                            now assemble apples in pie tin with bottm of pie crust

dot with 1 1/2 tbls butter

roll out rest of dough, same height

lay it flat on tope of pie tin. Now, crunch sides under so it meets. Take a dinner fork and press dough on sides to gether, so it meets and no exposed seam is present. Cut 4 darts , so apple pie juice cook and don't run over. You can take egg white ( minus yoke) and brush top of pie. Optional to add suage on top, usually looks nice when browned that way though.

Cook at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes

cool on wire rack

betty cocker cook book 1960 by memory =)

peach pie is just about the same, strawberry was a bit more iffy on same
                            sugar or not. Raisin pie is good, just add some brandy or soak the raisins in brandy for a few weeks or month. Same with mince meat =) but no extra spices for mince meat ugh, that'd be too much as it's all spices.

Add a dash of lemon juice is fruit is not sweet or too tart. Purely optional.

Note 2: add 1 to 2 Tbls flour to apple/fruit mixture if you want a thickening agent, like how bakery/stores do.
                            that sounds like too much work we wanted the easy "recipes"!
                            Grand Occultist Dismal

Comment

nothin better than home made pie, Dismal, here is your easy recipe, go to store buy frozen pie, turn on oven, remove pie from box, bake for some amount of time as designated on side or back of box. Remove pie with gloved hand, allow to cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X