5-13 Dev Chat necro specific issue..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5-13 Dev Chat necro specific issue..

[19:18] <MMORPGBot> kers asks, "Any chance of getting a more updated necro twitch? Maybe even a pet insta-shrink when using WTD or AoD?"
    [19:19] <EQ> If my math is right, the Mental Vivisection Rk. III recourse adds an additional 86 mana per tick to every player in the group.
    [19:21] <EQ> And it doesn't require the utmost attention from the necromancer, allowing them to apply DoTs or play /gems while the mana recourse pumps away. I am intending to upgrade this line in the future.
    [19:21] <EQ> If I'm understanding that correctly and the *size* of the pets summoned by those 2 AA are a problem I have no objection to shrinking them. I would just want to confirm after this chat that I'm understanding the question correctly.
    On the Mental Vivisection response, whatever dev responded has some serious math issues as well as not having a clue how a necro operates. Rk3 = 158/tick recourse for 4x ticks = 632 mana. Cast time of 6.0 seconds, recast of 60 seconds = 11 tick maximum cycle time. 632/11 = 57.4 mana/tick, not 86 as stated...and it consumes necro mana - not providing "an additional xx mana per tick to every player in the group". It costs us 1138 base mana to cast. I don't expect devs to have memorized every precise detail of our spells, but whoever answered that was off by 60&#37;. That's a margin of error that can only be attributed IMO to a combination of ignorance and indifference.

And..allowing us to apply dots or play gems while recourse pumps away? Who and what kind of idiot is in charge of answering spell questions?
    [19:00] <MMORPG_Taera> To submit a question please /msg MMORPGBot yourquestionhere
    [19:00] <MMORPG_Taera> Now it's time for introductions! Feel free to start sending your questions to MMORPGBot while our guests introduce themselves!
    [19:01] <EQ> Hello, I'm Keith Turkowski, I work on items, game systems, and content.
    [19:01] <EQ> Hello! I am Adam "Ngreth" Bell. Game designer specializing in Tradeskills.
    [19:01] <EQ> Hi, I’m Ryan Barker the recently promoted Lead Designer.
    [19:01] <EQ> Hi everyone. I am David Ford, I work on the AA system and do various raids and quests.
    [19:01] <EQ> Afternoon all.. my name is Doug Cronkhite.. and I create stuff that kills you.
    [19:02] <EQ> Hey everyone, I'm Jason Mash, I work on game systems and content.
    [19:02] <EQ> Afternoon everyone. I'm Jonathan Caraker, the designer responsible for the spells system.
    [19:02] <EQ> Hey all! I’m Lydia “Zatozia the Torturess” Pope, Community Relations Manager for EverQuest. I sit in a dungeon all day working on website features and causing my eyes to bleed by reading the forums all day long.
    Vivisection series should be eliminated in spell form, made an instant-cast AA with a 1 minute reuse for it to make it something a necro cares about using. I don't know how many mind taps of mine have hit corpses due to the insane cast time in group scenarios.

However, on the shrinkage of pets for AoTD and WTD that would be a very handy toggle on/off AA for us, something similar to the /focus or /hold toggles. I know it's sometimes fun to animate a 120ft tall named, but it's also annoying as heck to xp groups when you pop 5 aotd pets and the mezzer or offtanker has issues targeting adds. It would also be handy if they were made un-targetable option and transparent.
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

I told developers that I'd sooner have this community play gems then feed mana..sorry! I guess someone didn't forget!

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

Heh ... I keep telling my guildies that I deleted the subversion line of spells. f that line of spells.

Oh yea .. and when in a group scenario and I am actually trying to use the mana tap, it really pisses me off when it lands on a corpse (due to cast time) and then greys out the spell gem.
      And behold, a pale Drogmor.And the rider that sat on it,was Todwelt.And Hell followed with.

Comment

heh yeah the cast time is the win is it not...
        The other "flaw" with this line of reasoning for this spell is more often then not the necro are not in the group with a cleric that needs the mana.
        Solithan

Comment

^ This is very true. Last run in Anguish, I was grouped with a beastlord and an SK. It's useless to give them mana. I only used it because I just bought it that day.
          ~Lylith Bloodrose~
          Level 80 Necromancer
          apprentice researcher, fisherman and pottery

Comment

Originally posted by Todwelt View Post
            Heh ... I keep telling my guildies that I deleted the subversion line of spells. f that line of spells.

Oh yea .. and when in a group scenario and I am actually trying to use the mana tap, it really pisses me off when it lands on a corpse (due to cast time) and then greys out the spell gem.
            man keeping your secret is gonna cost ya now, you know the price :P

Comment

Originally posted by solithan View Post
              heh yeah the cast time is the win is it not...
              The other "flaw" with this line of reasoning for this spell is more often then not the necro are not in the group with a cleric that needs the mana.
              That's a flaw in group set-up. If you have low mana clerics or..clerics that aren't good at mana preservation, they should be grouped with classes that can give them mana. Loading subversions isn't the answer.

Comment

Personally it bothers me more that there are still idiots out there asking for upgrades to twitch. I would have thought that even the most braindead of players would have gotten edumacated on this issue by now. The fact that the Devs didn't get the math right doesn't surprise me in the least. We've been fightin an uphill battle with them for years now.
                Intropy Coldheart and Maethros Wildheart, Officer of Spiritwind Avengers of Quellious

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons......for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

give us a donate AA to be used once every few hours that gives all of our mana to target... like gather mana for enchanters or lay hands for paladins... though most of the time it is a huge waste of mana... I really would just to love to not have to cast vivisection when I do get put in the cleric group.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultulus View Post
                    give us a donate AA to be used once every few hours that gives all of our mana to target... like gather mana for enchanters or lay hands for paladins... though most of the time it is a huge waste of mana... I really would just to love to not have to cast vivisection when I do get put in the cleric group.
                    How about...no.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebasiz View Post
                      How about...no.
                      I second that big time.
                      Intropy Coldheart and Maethros Wildheart, Officer of Spiritwind Avengers of Quellious

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons......for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

i dont get whats so horrible about casting vivisection... ?

Comment

It could be more useful if it weren't for the cast time. I use it in groups some.

I really think the fact that it still costs as much mana as it does just to do the benefit is out of whack. Take a bst's FPoS, which they get for free at almost the same rate as we do iirc.

Edit: although I won't complain...since the clerics in my guild have learned about FPoS, i've not once heard of a necro being asked for mana heh.

Comment

I hate casting it because all I ever hear from the retards is its not helping... Twitch me. Fuck that. I would rather have an AA I can tell them is down.

Comment

Over the last year or so Ive been asked to twitch 3 times. First time I got a tell back saying "thanks, that helped a lot". Second time I got a tell back "ok, im good now, can stop thanks". Third time I got a tell back "ok in ooc now, thanks". All three times I ignored them, except to respond with a 'np!' even tho I didnt do shit for them.

Moral of the story: Ignore em! they'll prolly think you were twitching em the whole time
                              Arkayn

Comment

Working...
                              X