2009 expansion AA goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 expansion AA goals

Most of us have had enough time by now to judge the effectiveness of our new & existing abilities, and any shortfalls. How about we start early on coming up with some ideas to pass onto Nodyin for the next expansion cycle - get our code requests in early.

Here are some things I'd personally work real hard at trying for, that are group-centric:

Feign Death
    • Reduction of the aggro dump maximum time from 1.0 minutes to something much more group friendly. A series that reduced the time by 10 seconds per rank with 5 ranks would make us a viable puller for group content.
    • Chance for aggro dump to immediately occur to be increased. A series that increases this chance by 10% per rank with 3-5 ranks would increase the viability as a group puller role in combination with the above max time reduction.
    • Decreased cast time on feign death to 0.10 seconds. I believe client-server latency is the cause for feign being so unreliable when getting hit with melee attacks - much the same as our requirement to stop/turn to cast spells without getting interrupts. Reducing the cast time might allow reliable feigning if there is 2 or more mobs engaged.

Pets
    • Avoidance. Our pets have always had a problem avoiding damage, and continues to this day even moreso. Mitigation has always been an option we could enhance via purchasing summoned armor, bazaar stuff & whatnot - but innate avoidance has always been dismal. I propose our spectral guard spell series be converted to an Ability that can be refreshed every 30 seconds just like the spell.
    • Suspension. Mages wish they could swap out suspended pets, and even have a suspended pet remain suspended through a death. I agree; being able to utilize our pet features (high dps fragile rogue v. low dps beefy warrior) on they fly by swapping out suspended pets could improve our group performance options.
    • Feign. Being capped at 75% success rate for pet feign has left a bad taste in my mouth since I left PoP zones where pets could actually survive a failed feign to try again. I would like to get this percentage raised.
    • Runspeed. We are the only pet class that has no means to enhance the movement speed of our pets. Our pets cannot even outrun NPCs, and using /hold just gets our pet pummeled from behind for a faster death than frontal defense. I propose we get the ability to buff our pets with some form of SoW.

More to follow.
    --Retired, May 2012--
    The
    Edge-
    Walkers

Aggro dump can be a double edged sword, sometimes for the purposes of splitting unsnarable mobs, you wouldn't want the aggro to clear instantly.
    30 seconds would be cool, I'd actually not like Instant clear necessarily.

Comment

dps

fury of druzzil/ro - adds dmg proc to every tick~

force of will - AA dot, gathering dusk sucks, give us a REAL dot. make it an AA version of horror so we can ditch the tacvi clicks already.

critical affliction wru?

misc. stuff

forceful rejuvenation for AAs - this was mentioned in beta but didn't go live, iirc because of code issues? would love to see this get fixed, even if it only works on non-vet AAs.

11th spell gem - ditto, if it's not done before then.

perfected lev & group invis - we're due, srsly. perfected group ivu? for the legions of undead in sod? come on.

mind wrack - AA version, 2 second cast time. make it identical to paragon, i don't care. just get this shit out of our spell gems.

convergence - AA version. seriously, i wouldn't mind if it's copy & paste from the spell EE and all, i just don't want to have to mem it ever again. every other class that has a rez has an AA version now, EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Comment

Originally posted by Maeryn View Post
        dps
        critical affliction wru?
        We may have seen the end of crit. It's gotten high enough that increasing it will decrease the value of temporary crit effects.
        Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

Comment

Originally posted by Xislaben View Post
          We may have seen the end of crit. It's gotten high enough that increasing it will decrease the value of temporary crit effects.
          fine, but i want everything else!

Comment

A Harvest Soul AA that creates an EE. Apply whatever refresh rate is deemed necessairy but we need something more reliable then spells to generate these.
            Solithan

Comment

Sacrificial Lich (aka short term superlich) - dot yourself in exchange for mana. Permenant effect (to get lich where it should be) would be the best, although you could probably talk them into much better returns (for use only when needed) if it was an activated effect with a refresh.

Something like 400 hp/tick for 350 mana/tick, 2 min duration, 10 min refresh. Use it after (or even during) Blood Magic to keep the burn going and help get us back on top for long fight dps. Yes, it's very similar to blood magic in terms of the overall result (hp for mana), but it'd be an additional tool for mana recovery that fits with necro lore.
              Siluuael - 115 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
              Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
              Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
              Originally posted by encephalitis
              The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Siluuael View Post
                Sacrificial Lich (aka short term superlich) - dot yourself in exchange for mana. Permenant effect (to get lich where it should be) would be the best, although you could probably talk them into much better returns (for use only when needed) if it was an activated effect with a refresh.

Something like 400 hp/tick for 350 mana/tick, 2 min duration, 10 min refresh. Use it after (or even during) Blood Magic to keep the burn going and help get us back on top for long fight dps. Yes, it's very similar to blood magic in terms of the overall result (hp for mana), but it'd be an additional tool for mana recovery that fits with necro lore.
                That's only 7k mana. Which, is like 4 big dots? (guessing here!). When making a suggestion, I'd start at 125-135% of what you can live with, and then be prepared to accept less. If you ask for a "bare minimum" and get 70-85% of that, you have a useless or next to useless ability..but they've "given you what you asked for" and they're done with it. You end up with your request and that "line" of abilities, being "old/antiquated' the day you recieve it.

In combination with blood magic, it might be enough..but really, I'd be asking for a replacement for bloodmagic if I was still playing. I loved it when it worked, but it was simply to big of a pain in the ass to block and unblock songs/buffs and get those buffs again(in a timely manner). Perhaps your idea, ramped up some, could be the foundation of a replacement AA(since they can't seem to fix bloodmagic).

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

I always kind of think of it as a Backwards Engineering process,

What do we want to be able to Do, and then when Mechanisms get us there?

My Primary thing I'd like, for my play style is I want to be able to Kill Named mobs alone.
                  We've always been able to do this, but as things spiral upwards, it's gotten harder for us.

Now these things are coming out swinging doing like 5000hp hits and stuff, so to me there's three ways to do this:

Increase burst Damage, Improve Pet survivability, Improve Necro survivability.

The Optimal solution is improving burst Damage... So then what does that best? We'vegot plenty of Crits, have Crit modifiers out the ass, up to like 475%, so It's actually front loading DoTs.

So my Requested AA here is a 'Salvo' AA, I'd like to be able to make a Hotkey that fired an Onslaught of DoTs at once. 3 Second Cast time and it casts your 1st through 5th Spell Gem simultaneously.
                  This would address our 'Ramp up' time particularily when fighting solo or even when a group encounters a named or mission boss.

Having our Pet enter Temporary Activated 'Awesome' Mode would be good. Since they clearly don't want our pet tanking, if he could get lkie a 18 second Furious disc or something we activate, that'd be good to me.

Lastly would be if they gave us some sort of temporary Hard-shell that absorbed some incoming damage or made us temporarily able to withstand attacks while still casting.

2nd thing is Mana efficiency - I'd like to be able to cast more spells for longer without going OOM.

Here we could either Improve Efficiency, or improve Mana regen.

I'd personally opt to improve behind the scenes efficiency, through something like Necrotic efficiency or SCM6 or something. I'd prefer it not be a triggered effect, because it's also important soloing to have a steady effect.
                  The reason I say this is because it would be based on a percentage, and then self-extending, whereas if we got an AA based Over-Lich, we'd constantly be fighting to update it and it'd wear out.

3rd Thing is I want to Lead Everyone in DPS Parses on every fight always

This is an 'unreasonable' request, but there's a few ways to get closer to it. Basically we'd need to up our damage. Can do this Through Crits, Crit Mods, Focusing, Adding Base Damage, Adding AA Damage, Pets etc...
                  My tendency here is to Ask for AA Focus % to Various Resists.

We could ask for a small seemingly reasonable number, like 10% focus to Fire/Magic/Poison/Disease, only to see that small number in reality turn out to Equate to a 30% increase to our Bottomline damage because of criting and other abilities.
                  I think when we work on them for more damage, it's in our best interests to look at adding a new number to our Damage equation instead of increasing a current factor.
                  Basically adding an actual base damage boost.

They often fail to fully predict the way such things get multiplied, so it is a sneaky way to get more damage in.

Other things like Mana Wrack or Rezzes or more utility type stuff to me just don't add to our Bottomline and kind of eat up some of our Capital.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryal Anderror View Post
                    Other things like Mana Wrack or Rezzes or more utility type stuff to me just don't add to our Bottomline and kind of eat up some of our Capital.
                    we're going to get utility one way or another, we always do. no reason it can't be useful utility instead of some piece of bullshit we'll never use.

Comment

If we get it I'd like it to have a new function atleast, like the New type of Corpse summoning from any zone, as opposed to just AAing an existing ability.

AA Mindwrack is better than the Rez, but I'd still prefer if it was a expansion of what we can do instead of just moving it to an AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Tryal Anderror View Post
                        If we get it I'd like it to have a new function atleast, like the New type of Corpse summoning from any zone, as opposed to just AAing an existing ability.

AA Mindwrack is better than the Rez, but I'd still prefer if it was a expansion of what we can do instead of just moving it to an AA.
                        it's a start, at the very least. if someone has an idea of how to expand on them that nodyin might consider, i would love to hear it.

Comment

I'd suggest requesting fixes to AA's that are broken first. That's likely to happen and wouldn't present any balance issues..it'd also give you something "new or expanded" since the AA's that are broken don't give you anything currently.

Something to think about, imo. Requesting even a small change to an AA or spell sends devs to spreadsheets and data files, parses etc..requesting a new way to do something they think you can do now and can't..doesn't make quite so much work for them.

Rifting sucked, back for more.

Comment

I think there's demand and a desire for some kind of "burst" mechanic for necros.

Giving us a (big) boost to our group/short raid DPS.

I spoke about such (and PM'd a few dev's with suggestions) during last beta, I got a fairly positive response from (I think) Prath, but I guess it was a bit late in the cycle for serious consideration.

My idea ran along the idea of "stances" whereby you could enter "burn" mode with spells costing HP/vastly more mana and doing considerably more damage.

3rd spire was a definite step in the right direction, but I suspect the inevitable megaboost it and twincast gave wizzies wasn't directly planned and thought out.

Another option is a front-loaded reverse splurt type spell.

Final suggestion is a considerable increase to our nuking ability , I'd settle for a carbon copy of shammy/druid nukes.

Comment

The most glaring weakness is groups and mega inefficiency we have there. I agree with Flubuk/Quorthon that our DD spells need to be upgraded. I'd settle for a shammy/druid type nuke also.

Another thing we need to get is some sort of ability giving us bost similar to the one mages/wizzys/druids got with twincast.

Another thing bothering me is no dot type mod3. They need to make something for dots that wont overpower us.

Comment

Working...
                              X