New Spell wishlist 2009!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Spell wishlist 2009!!!

Give me some examples of spells (not AA's but spell gem spells) that you would like to see.
    Xislaben The Rising Sun

My Dead Things

I want to see Poison- and Disease-based spells that are powerful DPS. I don't like relying almost completely on Fire- and Magic-based DoTs to make sure my DPS output is worthwhile. Wizards and Mages are elemental...let me be necrotic.

Comment

Actively powered DoT as mentioned throughout the AA thread. Infinite duration as long as you can sustain the mana cost, and high enough base damage + efficiency as to eliminate the requirement to "stack" anything else for respectable DPS. I'd suggest (inflating for next year's numbers) asking for 10k/tick damage @ 1800m/tick for rank2.

I want a twincast alternative for DoTs. It should place a buff on you that increases your DoT spell damage (computed after +spell focus, +type3 aug dmg, +crit, +crit multiplier) by 100%; it should have it's duration extended via the SCR aa series; the recast timer should be reset with the forced rejuvination AA. It should mirror twincast in all respects, minimum.

I'd like to see our mindwrack series modified to include +endurance returns. I'd also like to see it get a 10% chance to proc a mind orb, self-only clicky +1k mana like our heal orbs.

Modifying our disease DoTs to include a cripple effect, or some other form of reducting mob DPS would not only be handy - but justify their dismal dps.
      --Retired, May 2012--
      The
      Edge-
      Walkers

Comment

Did they hire a new guy to do the spells? I only ask because if not, putting up a request that isn't the exact same spell list with a 25% markup seems like a lot of wasted time, when exactly 0% of feedback was taken on our last set of spells.
        Solithan

Comment

All good ideas already from what I've read. Maybe since we rely pretty heavily on our Magic / Fire based spells we could receive a Magic / Fire based debuff though I'm sure that'll never happen (yeah I know we already have Focus of Arcanum hehe).

I really like the idea of the Twincast aura for DoT's, maybe it could be a group spell if not self only since we don't really have much of an aura. Or maybe they could throw in the Chaotic Power proc from the Blood line to a disease based DoT to give incentive to use it.

Or perhaps Familiar's like the ones wizards have to increase the damage of certain lines of spells, seeing as they've gone so bonkers about giving out Familiar's for everything these days. Or would that be more considered an AA?
          Xikariz Appledrankbaby

Comment

Originally posted by scrat View Post
            I want a twincast alternative for DoTs. It should place a buff on you that increases your DoT spell damage (computed after +spell focus, +type3 aug dmg, +crit, +crit multiplier) by 100%; it should have it's duration extended via the SCR aa series; the recast timer should be reset with the forced rejuvination AA. It should mirror twincast in all respects, minimum.
            Mainly the only thing I can see here is... the recast timer on twincast is NOT reset by rejuv.... and also.. all they REALLLY need to do to mimic twincast would be to give us a chaotic power type buff we could cast on ourselves. So instead of casting the nuke for it.. we could cast the spell. *shrug* but not have the hit limit perhaps...

Comment

1. Some kinda of endurance lich if they arent going to fix lich to a level we need, give us a way to use this useless stat to make mana even if we lose a buff slot.

2. New undead dot. Pyre level damage with disease mana/duration, sure sounds overpowered but we ARE the masters of undead. Plus not like alot of undead were added in SoD.

3. Add back in the MR debuff to our debuff spell and atk str debuffs to our disease dots.

4. An aura/trap spell that would actually ever be used...or end the line

5. A mana regen on our rune spell to scale up again.

6. Bring back fear that works on mobs 65+

7. Upgrade lifeshards to a level of healing for current content (yes I know alot hate shards but they are usefull for bloodmagic and aes)

8. Undead flagging spell, druids make mobs plants, shaman make mobs into animals...why cant we make mobs undead?

9. Add see sos(invis2) to our lich..that way is self only so we can't give to others..Rangers and druids get a spell because they can "sense or track" mobs without seeing. Wizards eyes can see because they are magical and see through, why cant we see normally invis mobs while liched? we are partly on the other side so should be able to sense life aura or something. See invis has been part of lich for ages...upgrade it.

10. Lifetap that gives back more than 5% hp on a non crit

Comment

My request starts with removing the unnecessary and aggravating aspects of our current spells and fixing the spells we already have to address our needs. After that worry about tooling around with new lines.

I request:

Decrease the cast time on the Supplication of Blood line to .5 seconds and leave the recast to 5.25 secs. Place a reliable resist mod on it; Triple the damage and double the mana. This will address many of our group needs.

Instant lifetaps appropriately scaled for our level.

Decrease the cast time on the Midwrack line to .5.

Fix our lifetap dot to heal us for the amount of damage that is done.

Discontinue the Withering Venin line.

Discontinue the Trap line. And fire Prathun.

Place a better resist mod on our horror line that is comparable to our other DoTs, and eliminate the recast.

Make Ignite Energy stack, or convert it to a regular DoT without gimmicks.

Discontinue the Charm line.

Discontinue the Splurt line. (Or fix it so that it stacks and that there are no missing ticks, and that DoT extension adds exponential increases at the end of the duration.)

Up the level cap on the screaming terror line and drop the ridiculous component cost to the spell.

Update the corpseskin line and return the last 7(?) expansions worth of mana regen that was stagnated.
                Welcome to McKnutplate's!
                Billions served. Step up and get yours today.

Comment

Originally posted by Knutplate View Post
                  Make Ignite Energy stack, or convert it to a regular DoT without gimmicks.
                  Wait, what? What does it not stack with?

My main request (that I guess I posted in the aa thread) is a necro version of twincast. I want it to be a spell with a chaotic power like buff, except it has "Increase Spell Damage by 200%" So it will be an avg 100 focus during the time (similar to twin hitting double on everything). It also MUST be time limited like twin and not hit limited like the current chaotic power.

Sinister Power
                  Increase Spell Damage by 200%
                  Limit: Max Level(90) (lose 5% per level over cap)
                  Limit: Effect(Hitpoints allowed)
                  Limit: Min Duration(24.00 sec)
                  Limit: Spell Type(Detrimental only)
                  Limit: Target(AE PC v1 excluded)
                  Limit: Target(PB AE excluded)
                  Limit: Target(Targeted AE excluded)
                  Limit: Target(Uber Giants excluded)
                  Limit: Target(Uber Dragons excluded)
                  Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

mana: 1
                  casting time: instant
                  duration: 3 ticks

Rk1: recast 360 sec
                  Rk2: recast 320 sec
                  Rk3: recast 300 sec

This, is something that I would be willing to drop a dot for. It would also improve our group play and desirability.

I also think that this spell should be given to the other dot classes, at least dru and shm (and whoever else actually gets worthwhile dots). To balance it so druids cant cast both twin and sinister, they would gray each other out (so the druid would have to pick).

Comment

Originally posted by vanlor View Post
                    Wait, what? What does it not stack with?
                    It doesnt stack with other necros in a raid. Only 1 Ignite Energy from any source can be on a single target at any one time. Same as the splurt line.

If splurt is any indication, I would expect the future upgrade to Ignite Energy not to stack with I.E. itself either.
                    Welcome to McKnutplate's!
                    Billions served. Step up and get yours today.

Comment

I had asked for a spell that would weaken the mob, specifically spell range, but I would be happy with one that weakens the mob more than just strength. I know we have pitiful ones that debuff resists, but I want some that do stats. I keep thinking of how when you are poisoned or sick, you do feel weaker physically but you are also slower, can't concentrate (being able to do spell slow on a mob or make them fizzle more or clumsier with their weapon would be cool), makes you susceptible to other ills (ok that might be resists)...

I definitely would like to see a mana/endurance MGBable (at least group) tap. Maybe make it return just endurance if mob has no mana.

I want super thorns for my pet. There is no reason why if I can turn bone chips into a skeleton, a spectre, a zombie... that I can't order them for a time - same duration as pet haste - to take on some nasty geometry to hurt the mob beating on Jabober. Or infuse him for a short time (5 ticks) at my expense so that he gets boosted by 100% (HP, attack speed, damage...). Call the spell Maniac.

I think someone else mentioned this: being able to "push" a member of the group (consent box pops up) into the netherworld where mob *might* not be able to see/harm him. If player accepts, he can't cast anything but can move/zone. Don't know how long it should last. Not sure this should be a spell instead of an AA.

Now that we have AA versions of some spells we usually get an upgrade to (snare for example), there is room for a totally new spell.

I would love to be able to see SoS but I don't see the lore for it. We can track down a corpse across zones now, but we are at a disadvantage if the mob is still living.

I am also tired of relying mostly on Fire. Would like to see the other lines beefed up to match. Although fire is the most reliable weapon against undead, poison and disease are the more reliable creators of usable corpses if you don't mind all that flesh.

Other nonsensical ideas I was dreaming about but don't expect that they will be implemented or that even they should be:

An aura that would instantly kill anything low level. At 85, just our presence should out and out kill things as we go by. Of course can lead to kill stealing poor newbies. Same as our withering venin but it should travel with us.

Be able to cast on ourselves and others a short duration buff (10 ticks) that reduces agro from other mobs. They temporarily think player is undead and are not interested. Don't go near a paladin or cleric mob though. Undead mobs don't care about you regardless of class.

I would like to be able to cure myself of disease/poison. If I can inflict it, why after all these levels can't I cure it?

I want to see stun added to our next pet. Maybe make it be part of "taunt".

Comment

LOL figured this was going to be out of control.

To sum up the community : "Give us some spells that are worth a damn"

Is it sad I've given up hope on getting spells that are more then just a carbon copy of old spells +25% and still have all the same issues the previous ones did? Perhaps but its clear that no feedback was listened too and I doubt that's going to change, otherwise explain how bonestichcrapulence still exists in any form.
                        Solithan

Comment

Between Sol's spreadsheet:
                          and Van's format for proposal:
                          Originally posted by vanlor View Post
                          Sinister Power
                          Increase Spell Damage by 200%
                          Limit: Max Level(90) (lose 5% per level over cap)
                          Limit: Effect(Hitpoints allowed)
                          Limit: Min Duration(24.00 sec)
                          Limit: Spell Type(Detrimental only)
                          Limit: Target(AE PC v1 excluded)
                          Limit: Target(PB AE excluded)
                          Limit: Target(Targeted AE excluded)
                          Limit: Target(Uber Giants excluded)
                          Limit: Target(Uber Dragons excluded)
                          Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

mana: 1
                          casting time: instant
                          duration: 3 ticks

Rk1: recast 360 sec
                          Rk2: recast 320 sec
                          Rk3: recast 300 sec
                          I think we might be on to something that can be of real use for Xis when he submits the proposals! Would be more helpful, I'd think, if some of the proposals here had more substance to work with.
                          Semper Fi,
                          ---Drazz
                          Mikaal Drazzminius
                          Rodcet Nife by Birth / Quellious by Merger / Povar by Re-Merge

Necrotalk Admin
                          EQ Traders Super Moderator
                          EQ Magelo Advisor/Moderator

Comment

Increase how many hits Chaotic Power does before fade, as well as increase the chance for it to proc

Comment

1) More searing/scorching shadow (long duration, decent dps) spells. These guys make stacking everything else easier and more mana efficient.

2) Upgrade to Scent of Terris. 0 resist check means it virtually never lands.

3) As always, upgrade lich exponentially vs linearly... and make it retroactive on old liches (at least back to SoF).

4) Venin line should be like other class nukes who don't primarily nuke: .5s cast time with a longer recast. Same with exigency line.

5) Give exigency line a better resist check.
                              Siluuael - 115 Dark Elf Necromancer (main)
                              Slowsil - 99 Ogre Shaman (box)
                              Imaim - 100 Barbarian Warrior (alt)
                              Originally posted by encephalitis
                              The Fail is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X